Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Tablecloth

I couldn't find the right area to post this question. I'm sure the Mods will place it for me.

I'm thinking about desinging a vinyl table cloth that is going to be water resistant. Most likey a white background with a single color ( silver or royal blue ). Just to keep the cost down. The size will be 60 x 89. Would any one else be interested in this? If so what would you like to see on it? Just keep in mind the more colors the more $$$ it cost.

My idea is making a border around the edges of the cloth 6 to 8 inches high. I was thinking of an assortment of Airstreams, From vintage to new. What do you think? I look forward to your ideas.

Thanks,
Robert
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Sounds great!

What a neat idea--good luck! Looking forward to hearing more about it!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Robert, my mod hat is mute on the subject. I think you properly found the tablecloth subforum.

FYI - don't incorporate an Airstream logo or identifiable Airstream product in your tablecloth design. People have gotten cease and desist letters in quick order!

Members might be interested in a simple draft image of your proposal -- sounds interesting though!

Steph - is your avatar now the Big Easy?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #4
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
cease and desist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
FYI - don't incorporate an Airstream logo or identifiable Airstream product in your tablecloth design. People have gotten cease and desist letters in quick order!

I was thinking of using my own trailer and some friends tarilers. Taking some pics of them and just using an outline affect. I don't think the mothership can do any thing. I might be wrong. What do you think.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
We probably should get more first hand experiences. Shari (InsideOut) had a poster made up of Airstream butts -- a montage of back end photos of many vintage units. (see here) Once it got corporate's attention she had to sell it through Airstream Life's license from Airstream.

Trouble has been known to follow for cybersquatting too - using Airstream in any website name. Vintage Trailer Supply - Vintage travel trailer parts and supplies! used to be called airstreamdreams.com -- type in that last URL and you'll see the necessary change.

AIR Forums probably couldn't allow publicity of such a product - we will avoid the trouble!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 07-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Airstream name

You make a good point. I guess we will have to think outside of the box just a little, regarding the naming of the cloth and not to use the Airstream name. I also think we as owners should be able to reproduce photos or posters of our units or any other unit with a singed release form.

I'm not to sure what exacly you mean by cybersquating?

Thanks,
Robert
Old 07-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Cybersquatting according to Wikipedia. No, I'm not saying that you're talking about starting a website. I'm illustrating how Airstream protects their trademark.

You might try the Airstream Life marketing route that Shari had to use -- they're a member here -- ASL_store -- you might PM them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying
I also think we as owners should be able to reproduce photos or posters of our units or any other unit with a singed release form.
Yes, you can do this. Airstream would only argue the point if you tried to make money at it. This isn't my area of expertise, so I will let it rest -- and be thrilled to see your results when you have a product and marketing plan.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 07-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Thanks Bob for your insite. At this point I'm still in the design stages. I will give ASL a call and see what they have to say regarding this matter.

So what would you like to see on the tablecloth?

Robert
Old 07-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Robert sounds like you've got some great starting out info and ideas!! I like seeing those vintage looking state avatars, or funky looking road maps, anything would be fun. Best of luck!

Yes Bob--the avatar shows a building on Royal street in the vieux carre!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #10
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
opion

I do have a couple ideas. The main question is. What do people look for in a picnic tablecloth? 1 time use? or some thing they can use over and over again.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Cool idea! I like table cloths that can be used over and over. To me, the best material is oil cloth- it cleans easier and has a more vintage look.

I love the vintage luggage stickers- the ones you collect when travelling. Anything retro with silver trailers (mysteriously similar to Airstreams) would be cool! Maybe throw in some flamingos.... rallying...???!!!

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoiacoast
Cool idea! I like table cloths that can be used over and over. To me, the best material is oil cloth- it cleans easier and has a more vintage look.

I love the vintage luggage stickers- the ones you collect when travelling. Anything retro with silver trailers (mysteriously similar to Airstreams) would be cool! Maybe throw in some flamingos.... rallying...???!!!
what a great idea. I will try add those to my layout. thanks for the input.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:17 PM   #13
DRJJL

1985 31' Sovereign
Poway , California
Amazon has a vendor selling a tablecloth named “airstream dreams”
Old 08-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #14
DRJJL

1985 31' Sovereign
Poway , California
There is a website where you can upload an image and have a polyester shower curtain made from it. We did this for a banner for our square dance convention. A 72” x 72” shower curtain can easily never-hemmed into a small tablecloth!