Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
Indoor storage recommendations

We would like to travel to Florida from London Ontario for a just over a week at a time starting early Jan. We are thinking of leaving our 25ft EB behind in indoor storage and travel back and forth 2 or three times. We found North Georgia RV Storage and wonder if anyone has used them and what was the experience? Does anyone have any other recommendations? Indoor is preferred so we don't need to winterize and most important keep it protected. Any idea of the cost of indoor storage overall and can we get it at all? I have emailed 2 storage companys and have not heard back yet.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Your post may require greater specificity for a more targeted reply. Specifically, there are two establishments referred to as North Georgia RV Storage (web sites: North Georgia RV Storage of Ringgold or North Georgia Premium RV and Boat Storage)

Another example, does "no winterizing" mean you want HVAC conditioned space or someone to perform this service for you at drop-off? FYI, freezing temperatures occur with greater frequency and duration in Georgia depending on altitude and the more northern the location in the state.

Years ago I used a RV/Boat storage facility successfully due to a 2 year transient travel assignment. I chose unheated coverage which was considerably cheaper than heated but offered the security and accessibility I required. Many of these establishments offer additional services like prep for pickup upon notice, linen & vehicle cleaning, battery maintenance, winterizing, etc. Another differentiator may be term requirements as some offer monthly and annual commitments and others only longer term; semi-annual or longer. Have you narrowed your list of needs to compare providers?

Many of these places have minimal manpower seasonally and a telephone call will typically get a better response than email in my experience. I am not aware of any that declare pricing via the web so be prepared with your list of questions. You may want to augment your search by using a listing portal like this (RV and Motorhome Storage Georgia) and cross-mapping location to your planned travel route.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
1) Do you have space? Some storage facilities are full with waiting list.
2) Can we rent month to month? Some require a longer commitment.
3) What security?
4) What price?

Types of space:

Dedicated garage - many boat storage facilities are set up this way. It is a building with individual garages for boats and RVs. Most domestic storage rental space facilities do not have tall enough doors to store an RV, but some do. May not have on site monitoring of facility, but some have a live on site manager.

Warehouse - you drop off and they store and retrieve your RV. Usually have camera security and limitation on access hours.

Covered only - keeps rig out of direct sun.

Parking space - not a bad idea to identify one as a fall back solution if your preferred facility is not available.

Location - should be a hurricane hole where bad weather will not keep you up a night.

Good Luck on your investigation. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Big Toy Sales-Service-Storage, in Venice, FL, just 20 miles south of Sarasota on Florida West Coast 941-445-4514. They offer gated secure indoor, outdoor or under cover storage for boats & RV's. This is where I store my Airstream when not in use. Google Big Toy Sales, Venice, FL for the web address.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
To clarify I am looking for a short term commitment about 2 months only. I have my own indoor heated storage at home. I thought it would be great to leave it farther south due to weather and salt damage potential travelling from Canada at three different times Jan. to Mar. I prefer indoor storage but covered storage would be second choice. I think I can winterize in about 30 minutes if I am prepared, so I can do that easily if it is not heated storage. I can park it myself or let them do it so warehouse or dedicated storage sounds best. I don't need much else but a plug in for maintaining a trickle charge for the batteries would be nice. Although my trailer is 4 years old it has only been outdoors about 10 weeks total in its life so my main issue is keeping it like new out of the weather. I will telephone the storage facilities tomorrow. I am looking through the directory link for GA RV storage too. North Georgia RV storage in Ringgold looks like it could meet all our needs if I can get the short term storage there. Has anyone used North GA RV in Ringgold? I appreciate all the input thanks.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1971 18' Caravel
1970 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Hawthorne , Florida
Not what you asked, but . . .
If you go further south in Florida, you won't need to worry about freezing
sandgrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mount Angel , Oregon
Be sure to ask if they have insurance, in addition to what you may carry.

We bought our salvage-2009 AS after it had been through a heated storage fire. Another stored unit, a motorhome, caught fire, which destroyed a multimiliion $ facility. I'm sure the prev owner thought he had his AS well protected.
duncans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
St. Albans , Vermont
Our Airstream spends November and December at Adult Toy Storage (no comments please��) in Altamonte
Springs FL. Convenient to reasonable Orlando flights. Indoor storage $200 mo. No power - we disconnect batteries and works fine after 2 months. Very secure and nice folks. Not climate controlled but they open ends of buildings periodically to take moisture out. Wash and dump station available. No need to winterize. Many Airstreams. A lot more fun taking it to and from FL without ice, snow and SALT.
Jaywaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #9

2019 27' Globetrotter
Marquette , Michigan
Looking for suggestions for secure covered storage for 5 months in the south west, Thanksgiving thru Easter.
YooperFri is offline   Reply With Quote