Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #1

2005 25' International CCD
redlands , California
Exclamation 2005 25' Ccd Leak

Just noticed a leak on the front right (curb) side of our new 25' CCD. It is coming in somewhere around the front right window (the one that doesn't open). This is kind of disturbing given we have only had it for 6 months and live in Southern California where there really isn't much of a rainy season.

Anyone had trouble like this? Never owned an RV before but I can see a water leak turning into a real big problem. It is just not something I would expect to see in a new model...

Thanks for any advice/experience anyone has regarding this.
ablaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Ablaze,

My 19CCD had a leak in that same spot while sitting on the dealer's lot before I bought it. The evidence was a water stained front curtain and right side bolster on the dinette.

When I saw this at delivery, I went crazy and had the dealer re-seal around the window on the right front (after removing the curved outer screen) and also re-seal the inside glass.

If you want to do it yourself, get some Acryl-R sealer for the outer seams (very fine nozzle like a small grease gun) and a tube of SikaFlex 21 for around the inside window. Remove as much of the old sealant as possible and then mask the areas you don't want the new sealant on. Both of these are on the Airstream store web site.

Either remove the mask quickly right after you apply the sealer or let it cure, score with a very sharp razor being careful not to cut into the aluminum, and the remove the tape.

Of course I re-did it after I got the A/S home as the techs at the dealer are less than expert at caulking!!!!! It's way easier than it sounds.....just be patient!!!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #3

2005 25' International CCD
redlands , California
Thumbs up leak

Thanks for the information. That is exactly the same spot as where ours is leaking from, we also noticed the discoloration in the front curtains....

I'll seal it up and hope that is the last of it!!

Thanks
ablaze is offline   Reply With Quote