Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
AS Parts SNAFU!

Last Spring while out and about our 16' Bambi took a rock to the front rock guard. Rock guard did it's job as did our insurance company. Ordered up a new one from George M. Sutton RV's in Eugene, OR. Shawn the parts guy was very helpful and the new guard arrived at my house in short order. Two months later I finally got the trailer out of storage to work on and after installing the rock guard I found it to be an inch too short. Called Shawn, he called Airstream and a new guard was on its way. Several weeks later still no rock guard. Called Shawn, he called Airstream, problem solved and the rock guard was really on its way now. Didn't arrive on expected date. Called Shawn, he called Airstream. UPS damaged the shipment, sent it back to Airstream, Airstream sent a new one, it arrived Friday. Saturday I installed the new rock guard. The support brackets were attached to the top portion of the guard frame instead of the lower portion preventing the guard from closing. Monday I call Shawn, who will call Airstream...

Jamie
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:43 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to my world...

Sounds like a typical day at the office for me. At least everyone is trying to get the problem resolved, and you didn't get the "you special ordered it, you own it" speech.