Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2017, 05:23 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Winston Salem , North Carolina
DVD Player

I set the source to HDMI2 and insert the DVD. The error message I get is "There's no signal or it's not strong enough. Please check the source connection." How do I do that?
wswhiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I believe your DVD player is on HDMI 1. Press the input button on the TV remote and select HDMI 1. I'm not at our trailer so could easily be mistaken but I believe I'm correct.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
If you have room, look on the back of the television and see which input the DVD is going to. If you don't have room to move the television, select each of the sources using the remote and the DVD player should turn up on one of them. If it doesn't, either the DVD isn't connected to the television or there's no power going to the DVD.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Power to DVD

Rich,

If the DVD tray opens to accept the DVD, can I rule out the power issue?
Old 02-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wswhiting View Post
Rich,

If the DVD tray opens to accept the DVD, can I rule out the power issue?
Yes, so it has power. Now the only other connection is the one to the input of the television. If you'd tried all of the "sources" on the television remote, maybe there's a bad connection. Are you able to run a separate connection from the DVD to the TV source? This will tell you if you have a bad connection.

DVD connections are pretty simple. There's the power cord and the red/white/yellow composite cable or the red/blue/green component cable. Some DVDs support both.

There is a matching set of plugs on the back of the television, also color coded. If they are plugged into both the TV and the DVD, when you turn on the DVD player and find the correct source, the DVD player image should show up on the television, even if you don't have a DVD in it.

Are you able to look at the back of the television?
Can you see either the component or composite cables plugged in?
Is it possible that it's a Blu-ray player and not a DVD player? Then you would have an HDMI plug.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 02-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
If it's a 2017 Classic it's a blu ray player. Usually on HDMI 1 since there are no other input sources on the trailer.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
OK, so forget the component/composite cables, you're looking for an HDMI cable, wswhiting. It's a single, thick wire, flat plug on the end. This should be plugged into the back of the television. If it is, and you still don't have a picture, try swapping out the cable with another one. You may have a bad cable, they can be troublesome, sometimes.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 02-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Did you turn the powered TV antenna off. It's behind the living room TV on the right side. If on its glowing green.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:01 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
DVD Player

Thanks to you all. I think I am getting closer to a resolution. The antenna is on. We have been watching TV and I can see the green light. When we did our walk through the service tech did pull the TV out, but I can't do it now. I see the strap at the bottom and I've tried pulling it several directions, but it wont budge. I'm afraid to force anything for fear of breaking something. I'll call AS on Tuesday unless one of you has a suggestion on how to access the back of the TV. Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:01 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Pull it, might be very hard and tight, ours is. The strap releases the catch which holds the television in place while moving. Unless it's caught on something you can't hurt it. Our bedroom one is so tight my wife can't pull it loose.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
DVD Player

Okay. Pulled hard and it came loose. I turned off the antenna. Went to source on the remote and got on HDMI-1. There is a check mark in the upper left corner of the box. There is also a down arrow which allows you to select the device. I tried DVD and Blu-Ray. When I unplug the HDMI cord from the back of the TV I get the message "Cable unplugged." When I plug the cable back in I get the message "No Signal." ???
Old 02-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
The powered antenna should have no effect on the DVD player. The power is simply a booster on the antenna.
If you have a DVD player from home, I'd try it into the TV with a short HDMI cable. Don't need to mount or route anything yet. Determine if the TV is working. Then reverse the plan, try a small TV on the DVD player if you have one from home. Between the two you should be able to isolate the problem.
Make sure the TV is looking at HDMI 1. Not component, antenna, or composite. Most DVD's have a screen saver, mine has a Sony logo floating around. You don't need a disk inserted, since HDMI can confuse things because so much data is exchanged. "Oh, you changed TV inputs? I'll help and shut off the DVD player." NO!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
The powered antenna should have no effect on the DVD player. The power is simply a booster on the antenna.
If you have a DVD player from home, I'd try it into the TV with a short HDMI cable. Don't need to mount or route anything yet. Determine if the TV is working. Then reverse the plan, try a small TV on the DVD player if you have one from home. Between the two you should be able to isolate the problem.
Make sure the TV is looking at HDMI 1. Not component, antenna, or composite. Most DVD's have a screen saver, mine has a Sony logo floating around. You don't need a disk inserted, since HDMI can confuse things because so much data is exchanged. "Oh, you changed TV inputs? I'll help and shut off the DVD player." NO!
Good suggestions but this is my home! No extra DVD Player or TV.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Seeing as in four Airstreams, this 2017 Classic being our forth we've never used the DVD or Blu-ray players. That said I went in and gave it a try, First Mollys Dad is correct the powered Antenna had no impact on the ability of the Blu ray to function. I set the switch box to output 2, or one is a fixed mount SAT Antenna, then using the Samsung hand remote went to source and also selected HDMI 2. I inserted the Blu Ray disc and it fired right up. Then synched the Polk Surround sound to the Blu-ray player. A bit more complicated but all done with the remote - menu - sound - optical out put THEN on the Polk itself selected Aux. Then I was "forced" to sit and watch one of all time favorites "Lone Survivor". Ejected the Blu ray disc, pushed Opt 1 on the HDMI Switch, then back to the Samsung remote and switch he'd from sound Opt output to TV. Turned on Dish system and all worked. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wswhiting View Post
Okay. Pulled hard and it came loose. I turned off the antenna. Went to source on the remote and got on HDMI-1. There is a check mark in the upper left corner of the box. There is also a down arrow which allows you to select the device. I tried DVD and Blu-Ray. When I unplug the HDMI cord from the back of the TV I get the message "Cable unplugged." When I plug the cable back in I get the message "No Signal." ???
Sounds like it is seeing the player, but not recognizing it. I'm thinking that maybe the Blu-Ray player is defective. The television sees it's there, but is not getting a signal from it.

When you select Blu-Ray in the setup for HDMI-1, then exit setup and choose source HDMI-1, then turn on the Blu-Ray player, you get "no signal". Is that correct? If the Blu-Ray is turned off but you still have HDMI-1 in the source, you also get "no signal"; correct? (So hooked up, it makes no difference whether the Blu-Ray is turned on or off, you get "no signal".)

If you then unplug the HDMI cable from the Blu-Ray when the television is using source HDMI-1 and the Blu-Ray is turned on, you go from "no signal" to "unplugged"; correct? If this is true, I think the Blu-Ray player is not working, not sending a signal.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 02-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Seeing as in four Airstreams, this 2017 Classic being our forth we've never used the DVD or Blu-ray players. That said I went in and gave it a try, First Mollys Dad is correct the powered Antenna had no impact on the ability of the Blu ray to function. I set the switch box to output 2, or one is a fixed mount SAT Antenna, then using the Samsung hand remote went to source and also selected HDMI 2. I inserted the Blu Ray disc and it fired right up. Then synched the Polk Surround sound to the Blu-ray player. A bit more complicated but all done with the remote - menu - sound - optical out put THEN on the Polk itself selected Aux. Then I was "forced" to sit and watch one of all time favorites "Lone Survivor". Ejected the Blu ray disc, pushed Opt 1 on the HDMI Switch, then back to the Samsung remote and switch he'd from sound Opt output to TV. Turned on Dish system and all worked. Good luck.

Hey Bud,

Now go all the way...download the Ultramarine App and you can use your phone to control all the functions on your Polk radio! It connects via Bluetooth. Great to control volume while watching a movie without having to get up each time.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe7009 View Post
Hey Bud,

Now go all the way...download the Ultramarine App and you can use your phone to control all the functions on your Polk radio! It connects via Bluetooth. Great to control volume while watching a movie without having to get up each time.
Ha, already did that after playing with the whole set up. Gotta love technology.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Ha, already did that after playing with the whole set up. Gotta love technology.
well I thought I had. Stopped part way apparently when we left to catch dinner. Now it's not in the Android Play Store?
Old 02-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
I'm an Apple guy so don't know about the Play Store.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Update

So AS customer support suggested I connect a new HDMI cord directly to the TV. So I went to Walmart and bought a cheap $15 cord. What do you know. It works. So the HDMI cord that came with the trailer is bad, but I am wondering if the cord splits off to give a signal to the TV in the bedroom. That is my suspicion as there is no signal to that TV. How in the world do they snake that thing all the way back to the bedroom?