Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #1

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Oak ridge , Tennessee
Cable connection 2020 flying cloud

New owners of 25’fb 2020 flying cloud. Seems our tv(LG) will only receive analog signals. Is this possible? Digital cable signals don’t seem to load. Thoughts?
Sewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
As I understand current tv signals, they are now digital only. Analog broadcasts are a thing of the past.

If you are having reception problems there might be other issues.
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:33 AM   #3
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
From my manual:

"The wall plate/power supply provides 12 VDC to the antenna as well as antenna signals to two TV sets. Cable input from outdoor receptacle connects to the wall plate and may be switched so either antenna or cable/satellite signals may be watched.

Operation
To receive cable signals from the outdoor receptacle: Press switch to OFF position. The light on the wall plate will go (OFF) showing that power is no longer connected to the antenna and that both TV sets are receiving signals from the outdoor receptacle. To receive signals from antenna: Press switch to ON position. The light on the wall plate will come (ON) showing that power is connected to the antenna and both TV sets are receiving signals from the antenna."
Old 01-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
New owners of 25’fb 2020 flying cloud. Seems our tv(LG) will only receive analog signals. Is this possible? Digital cable signals don’t seem to load. Thoughts?

I'm also problem-solving this. A couple of things I discovered. First, inside your FC, in the salon, there's a switch on the wall that when you push it, lights up or lights-out. It does something with the antenna ... but it's totally counterintuitive, and I'm not quire sure which is right. But just so you know ...

Second, on your outside cable connections. You can't see it in the dark, but one is labelled as "dish" and one is labelled as "cable." If you plug into the wrong one, you won't get decent reception.

Third: I don't get ANY TV reception of any kind when I turn the antenna on and the cable off. Anyone know why?

Finally, a question: When I turn either TV on, the other one goes on too. I have no idea why. And I can't turn the first one on and the second one off. It's bizarre.
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Okay, let me address your issues as I see them.
1. The plug on the outside of the trailer. Mine has two coax plugs. The left one says "cable" and the right one says "sat". Since I want cable I plug into the left one. Naturally, the labels are impossible to read in the dark. Next, I go inside and turn off the antenna booster.
No green light. I believe this serves two functions, 1. An antenna booster, like we all think. 2. A switch between two inputs, "antenna" or "cable" from said coax outside. It's the second function we forget. Your TV has only one coax going in, but there's two sources, roof antenna or coax outside panel. That device makes the switch.
So if the booster is illuminated, no cable.

2. As far as the remote turning on and off both TV's; with mine, both TV's are Samsung, and both use the same type remote. Infrared. So when I'm aiming the remote at the living area TV and turn it on, enough stray light reflects off the shiny aluminum and turns on the bedroom TV also. My solution is to shade the remote with my other hand to block that stray light. Another solution is to close the door to the bedroom.
On the TV on screen menu, set it to "cable".
Do a channel search for "Cable" and you should be laughing!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbein View Post

I'm also problem-solving this. A couple of things I discovered. First, inside your FC, in the salon, there's a switch on the wall that when you push it, lights up or lights-out. It does something with the antenna ... but it's totally counterintuitive, and I'm not quire sure which is right. But just so you know ...

Second, on your outside cable connections. You can't see it in the dark, but one is labelled as "dish" and one is labelled as "cable." If you plug into the wrong one, you won't get decent reception.

Third: I don't get ANY TV reception of any kind when I turn the antenna on and the cable off. Anyone know why?

Finally, a question: When I turn either TV on, the other one goes on too. I have no idea why. And I can't turn the first one on and the second one off. It's bizarre.
With regard to your first issue, the switch you reference is for an antenna signal booster. When the switch is pushed and the light is on you can receive over-the-air signals. To watch cable you need to press the switch again so that the light goes off.

You're right about issue two and I don't have an answer for three.

As to your final question, I have the same problem with the TV's in our Globetrotter. Since both TV's will respond to the same remote you have to careful how you point it since the infrared signal can easily bounce off the metal interior walls and activate the other TV. To turn on just one TV (or turn off the second TV if it has been accidentally triggered) try standing very close to the TV and shielding the emitter on the remote with your hand so that there is minimal scatter of the signal. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of a remote control but once the power on feature is restricted to one TV you should be able to access other functions on the remote without affecting the second TV.

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin | 2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Ult. 4x4 Duramax
400Ah Battle Born lithium battery string | 580W solar (400W roof 180W portable)
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote