Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
RBC
1 Rivet Member

fort Collins , Colorado
New System

thanks to some tlc givin to my 65 Caravel I am now ready to get the electrical done. I need everything, fusebox univolt and converter plus batteries. wanted to get opinions on whats right and the best to use
thanks
RBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
When it comes to what Breaker box to get, you’re going to want to get something that you can get breakers for, for years to come, and that are common. (GE or square D) You can get them at any Lowes or Home Depot.
When it comes to the fuse box (low voltage 12volt) you will have to get the fuse panel separate from the converter. One of the most popular fuse panels is one by Parallax 55-8877. It holds 12 fuses.
When it comes power converter itself there is a company that does warranty factory direct Progressive Dynamics www.progressivedyn.com I would go with a 60 Amp.
Dan
Old 09-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
My suggestion...
An IOTA 55 converter. It has everything you need and will grow into. The Company is great and a real person is always there to answer any question.

A Blue Sea fuse box....automotive type fuses are great. Can get one with a voltmeter if you like. Use Ebay for best price.

A good quality deep charge type battery...I got Lifeline...but, I think they are to expensive.

A battery disconnect. Again Ebay for a PERKO or Blue Sea.

PS....as mentioned above on the circuit breakers. Beware of a major recall...safety warning...on circuit breakers.

BIG ITEM....put the fuse box where you can see it and get at it. This goes for anything you do with systems in the Caravel.