Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

, Connecticut
Battery Box ?

Has anyone ever replaced the early Argosy battery box with the vent on top to the late model vent on bottom type. The vent on the top rots the floor under the tray and I can't see a good way to repair it so if I install a late model A/S or Argosy box I think this will cure the problem. 1st pic is late 2nd is early....
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Rivet floor fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviontt
......I can't see a good way to repair it....
I did a quick repair to my battery box today. Yesterday I drove the camper for the first time with a battery installed and the wood floor caved in since nothing was holding the dry rot together. I didn't think of a way to drain the bottom yet but I do plan on installing a gutter over the door to minimize the water coming in to it. I mention the fix in my web log...link below:

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote