Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
Thank you for the reply, I did a little investigating I used another vehical to see if I had the same problem with the airstream lights and my cargo trailer lights, and my results, yes both showed the same problem, that rules out a problem with my truck. I am happy about that.
Now as for the Airstream, being I changed out all the running lights with LED, perhaps its time to change out the old tail lights with LED as this will rule out another area of the possible glitch.
My question would be, The big blue wire going into the converter, is that not just for keeping the battery charged while its hooked up to my truck, if all my fuses look good, where else could I check for a good or bad connection for my tail lights.
Thanks everyone
John
floridartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
with a $20 investigation, everything works right up to my 7 way connector on my TV, so tomorrow morning its off to the Ford Parts dealer, I just wonder what blew it out. do you think the Airstream univolt could have had anything to do with it.
Thank you
John
Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
Ok, since all five of my trailers have the same tail light problem, one would think it was my truck that is the source of the problem, so first I took my truck to the Ford dealer, nothing wrong with my truck, then I took my truck with my cargo trailer to Texas Trailers, still, no problem with my truck, but they found the problem, it was the ground at the tail gate of my trailer, seems that the hinges were rusted out and lost the ground contact, they put a wire from the frame to the tailgate, problem solved. So my question for my Airstream is as follows?
Where would I attach a good ground wire from where?and then run the ground wire to the frame to make a good ground connection on my Airstream, this might solve all my running light problems.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Wickenburg , Arizona
Run a temp ( jumper) ground wire from truck frame to trailer frame. Then if that fixes your problem start repairing your ground problem. Adios, John
Diesel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #25
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridartist View Post
Ok, since all five of my trailers have the same tail light problem, one would think it was my truck that is the source of the problem, so first I took my truck to the Ford dealer, nothing wrong with my truck, then I took my truck with my cargo trailer to Texas Trailers, still, no problem with my truck, but they found the problem, it was the ground at the tail gate of my trailer, seems that the hinges were rusted out and lost the ground contact, they put a wire from the frame to the tailgate, problem solved. So my question for my Airstream is as follows?
Where would I attach a good ground wire from where?and then run the ground wire to the frame to make a good ground connection on my Airstream, this might solve all my running light problems.
The trailer already has a ground wire in place.

The color of that wire is white.

Also, it's the largest terminal that you see in the trailer connector.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote