Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
70 Overlander

1970 27' Overlander
jacksonville , Florida
Bathroom faucet repair / replacement

Hello,
I recently purchased a 66 overlander with some plumbing issues. The faucet handles are leaking water. I tried to repair them by replacing the o-rings and gaskets but its not helping. It may be that I am putting the wrong size o-rings on but i cant figure out what size to put back on. Could a plumber just rebuild them?
If i want to replace the faucets is there anywhere to get some that will fit right in? ALso I have the shower faucet that appears it would be very hard to replace with something other than original. Thanks for any help.
J.M.
jesus mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Howdy, welcome to the forum. Try doing a search in the forum here for your questions. Vintagetrailersupply.com has a lot of neat stuff. I just made an order from there.

I see you are in Jax. I'm not far away in Green Cove Springs, where life is "eeaaaazzzy" .

Good luck with your project.
Cheers,
Baron
vonkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Orion , Illinois
I replaced the faucets in my 63 Globetrotter with a couple of Delta faucets that looked very much like the original ones. A whole lot easier than trying to get parts for the old ones, which were a brand that was sold mainly on the east coast and is no longer manufactured according to the plumbing supply house I frequent. You might want to consider this option. Now I can get repair parts anywhere and the faucets were cheaper and better than the RV stuff.
63air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Edmond , Oklahoma
I just replaced the lavatory and shower in our trailer with Delta from Lowes. total cost was around 130 bucks. There is a local RV dealer that had some much cheaper but they looked the part. The great thing about Delta is there are parts available everywhere!.

Dan
Dano57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Mike,
Found this while surfing eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vinta...QQcmdZViewItem
vonkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
70 Overlander

1970 27' Overlander
jacksonville , Florida
Thanks guys for all the info. I tried looking in previous threads but was lazy and stopped after the fourth page. Im going to look at the delta stuff but im not sure ill be able to find one for the shower unit. Thanks vonkamp for the ebay link, Green Cove aint too far from my place and me and the girl keep meaning to go out there so ill have to keep in touch with you. Im in Argyle/Orange Park. Yall let me know if you have any more ideas. Thanks J.M.
jesus mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Mike,

If you want to maintain vintage all the parts you need are available. You just have to find the right old hardware store. We just rebuilt all the original faucets in our 71. The parts are out there if you look hard enough. P/M if you need help.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #8

1971 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
THEODORE , Alabama
Great news

You guys are great. Lowes sells replacement parts for MOEN faucets. I would not have know this if it had not been for this forum. They sholud have everything you need, just don't break it when you remove the old stem. Remember to remove the keeper clip before trying to pull out the stem
WUZENTUS is offline   Reply With Quote