Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2002, 07:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Water pump recycling update....

My pump is a '67 PAR and needed a rebuild. I received the rebuild kit from www.boatfix.com on Saturday and rebuilt it yesterday. The kit had parts that mine didn't have originally. There were three "liners"? Two were the same size and the third smaller. The seals, inlet and outlet valves, and diaphram all were perfect replacements. The point being; the kit was about $50. I probably could have saved a dollar or two by doing better research and buying only what I needed. Boatfix sells the parts individually. No complaints though. I put the pump by the sink to draw and expel water. It primed itself just by turning the gears by hand. I was going to hook it up to a battery and try it outside but the temperture plunged down into the fifties this afternoon. Some places north of town dropped into the upper forties! Obviously, it is way too cold to do any outdoors work. It is supposed to warm back up this weekend. I'll give it a dry (wet?) run then.
Guitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:08 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Brace yourself

It's heading for a freeze here west of Austin. Down to 35 a few minutes ago and dropping.

My A/S is all drained and with pink antifreeze in the traps.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:40 PM   #3
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
way too cold?

you guys in texas must have thin blood, it was 12 deg. here this morning.

just got the trailer cleaned up from my hunting trip. put away for the season. unless we get a thaw in feb.

stay warm!

john
john hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Thinned Blooded

John HD,
I agree...lmao, that's warm weather here in the Northeast...

Even nice enough for a drink under the awning...lol
Like this past weekend, I made a quick 1500 mile trip down to Va. and, was walking around in my Litchfield Beach,SC., T shirt...lol, everyone, I mean, EVERYONE was bundled up...It was in the mid 40's to low 50's ..Sun shine and, just nice..
ciao
Attached Images

53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:10 AM   #5
Contributing Member

Its the contrast

Even just at freezing feels cold when you consider that I spent Sunday afternoon in just a T-shirt mowing my back acre.

Our temps go up and down like a yo-yo pretty much all winter except about mid-January when it is usually consistently colder.

One year, I washed my new car shirtless on New Years day and another year, the day after Xmas, I chopped 5" of ice off the pond so that my cattle could drink ..
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-27-2002, 07:18 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Whew...

John,
that's what I lov abt TX...ever changing~!!

I will say this tho, there's a area near Houston where it must get huge amounts of water...because I saw a house built up on stilts. It even had a car lift to make sure that the car was hi-enough..THAT'S KEWL~!
ciao
BTW, ALL THE BEST HOLIDAY WISHES TO YA'LL...
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:33 AM   #7
Contributing Member

Houses on stilts

You see plenty of houses on stilts on the coastal areas. When a hurricane comes ashore, there is a storm surge that floods large areas. It's the price of living near the shore in a very flat area.

Inland, we see houses on stilts along many of our creeks and rivers. When it rains here, it can really rain. Like an elephant on a flat rodk!

Even a small river like the Pedernales can rise 10 feet or more within just a few minutes time. There are sirens at Pedernales Falls State Park and the signs say to just abandon your fishing gear and get to high ground if they sound. Lots of folks die at low-water crossings when it isn't even raining hard right where they are.
WBCCI #9632