Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Where is the water coming from?

On our way back from Tyler State Park this weekend we arrived at home to find all of our rugs soaked. We dumped at the park and flushed everything there and noticed no leaks or overflows then. I did notice that the kitchen faucet had a drip of water and some small puddles on the cutting board under it. The bathroom was dry. Could the water have come from the faucet while en route? The road was a little bumpy.
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
KJ,

Did you travel with your water pump on? Water should not flow from the faucet if the pump was off (as it should be when traveling). Sad to say that water leaks are hard to run down. I hope yours is in an easy to find one.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
I will check that tonight.
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
A timely response....

We had an adventure this weekend that seems very much like yours. Onece hooked up to city water and pressurized the system, I went around for a quick check and found fresh water dripping from the wheel well. I secured the city water and made sure the pump was off. My first inclination was the city water line burst from pressure so I had to access the inside location from the under cabinet access next to the bathroom under the galley sink. There was the leak - the flexible line from the bathroom faucet to the spray handle leaked at the connection to the handle. Since it was in the holder at the sink it dripped inside the walls and over the wheel. Looks like the first time for this leak, no floor damage, the thing is so cheap. I will be looking for a repacement faucet and I leave the handle to this one wrapped up in a towel in the sink - problem is it filled my grey tank fast over night - from 0 to 75% in 8 hours - had to turn off the city water - the fauset knobs must have bad washers too!!!!!
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
I'm in the process of trying to find a small leak too. It seems that whenever I get a hard rain on the refrigerator side of the trailer, I get a small drip at the back inside corner of the box, that rolls out under the panel and soaks into the kitchen throw rug. Just trying to see where it's coming from requires one to be a contortionsist. If I ever find it, I'm not sure how I'll fix it.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Salt Lake City , Utah
Leaks during rain!

This is a roofer question! And I happen to be the gal! You have a flashing up on the roof that has been damaged by ice most likely. You will see this leak in the winter if snow sits around any flashings on that side.

You probably want to get up on the roof, check all of your flashings, water will travel. you have to get a wire brush or something to sand, or scrape the oxidation off of the aluminum surface then you can caulk with a sik a flex, or a flexible caulking.

Metal will contract and expand with heat and cold changes, but if you do not remove the old caulk, and the oxidation, the new caulk will fail almost immediately.

People can never get their rain gutters to stop leaking because they either do not clean the area, and scrape it up so the caulk will stick, and you must smear the caulk, if you leave it in a bead the ice, and expansion and contraction will roll the caulking.

Good Luck.
Rev it UP! is offline   Reply With Quote