Originally Posted by overlander64
Thanks for the info Kevin
As it turns out it was all for naught.
I finally got my new hatch in hand and Janet did not like the way it looked, The one I ordered locally a "Bargman" was just a little too small, I just gave up on the whole replacement idea.
Sooo.... I pulled the original Assembly and cleaned it up because there was a ton of sticky goop all over it, looked like plumbers putty.
Once cleaned and washed in alcohol, I Epoxied all of the cracks and clamped it until dry.
It seems that the plastic used in the making of this part was getting brittle with age. Being that I was not sure if it would last any substantial time I decided to enclose the whole part in a fiberglass mat and polyester resin.
I pre-cut the glass mat and did a hand lay up. It is now really strong and will last another 30 years.
One point of interest is the vinyl tube used between the door and the tank is 1 3/8" ID and is very hard to find. With the fiberglass treatment on the filler I was able to use a 1 1/2" vinyl tube, worked great due to the larger size of the neck. Had no problem with the tank sealing I just cranked down on the hose clamp.