Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Owasso , Oklahoma
Fresh water leak

I've got a 1991 34" Excella. I've got a leak from a water line that goes from the closet to the bath room, it's not leaking bad but it's getting the carpet wet in the hall way. Is there a good way to get to these lines ? Maybe an panel that comes off or ???? Any one ever had this problem ??
Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Owasso , Oklahoma
Well that's a lot of help!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
I just found your post. While I have plenty of experience fixing fresh water leaks, I am not familiar with your floorplan, or plumbing routing.

A few basic questions are, can you see the pipe or fitting actually leaking, or are you just finding that the carpet is wet? Without city water connected you will want to do a test such as all plumbing fixtures off but water pump switched on to see if it cycles a bit every few minutes, which would indicate water flowing somewhere.

If the carpet in the hallway near the bathroom is wet, the possibility exists that water leaks from the shower stall, say from a seam or hairline crack in the stall, or maybe where the water valve mounts thru the shower wall. This would be indicated by the water pump not cycling with everything off, but the carpet getting wet when someone takes a shower.

In my trailer most of the water lines are accessible, though not all are easy to get to. Once you find your leak I can try to advise you on how to get to it. Any photos you can post will help.

Christopher
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Owasso , Oklahoma
Thank you, I'll try that tonight and see if that's it .
Old 03-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Stearns, the bottom in the hall closet is hinged to allow you to lift it up for full acess to the large cavity underneath. It contains the water pump,it's water lines, as well as the lines that cross over to the bathroom. The bathroom lines cross under the floor so probably not the problem. You should be able to do a visual on the leak since it is probably right there. There is a fair amount of pipe & lots of fittings. Hope this helps. Safe & happy travels.John
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Owasso , Oklahoma
It look like two lines in the closet go under the floor and come up under the fridge then go back the the bath room. I'm thinking one of those are cracked and spraying the bottom of the floor. I think it's between the floor and the fresh water tank. So it looks like I may have to drop the tank to fix it. I don't see any other way to get to them. Sounds fun huh? Thank for the info. Sean Stearns
Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Sean, I'm no expert by any stretch, but I would try the easy & obvious things first. Don't see how your carpet can get wet from the bottom side, through the floor. More likely from a source on the top side as suggested by Blickcd. Could even be from the toilet,it has several sources for leaks. Check those lines in the closet carefully. A tiny, slow leak that is hard to see can soak some carpet over a long weekend. Depending on how level you are parked, the water can run a long way> John
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Owasso , Oklahoma
It's going to freeze tonight so I'm going to put water to it Saturday and look over all the simple stuff first. You maybe right because I've never seen water on the ground. I sure hope you're right and something I over looked. Sean
Old 03-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
So where the lines go under the fridge, does the fridge sit right on the floor? If it is blocked up even an inch the lines may snake underneath it, on top of the sub floor. Depending on cabinetry and trim around the firdge it might be tough to tell what is going on, but if you removed the outside access panel behind the fridge you would know for sure if it was sitting right on the floor.

Christopher
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, leaks