Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
1976 Argosy 28
1972 Argosy 24
Chico , California
INST-AWN awnings help needed

Anyone out there have an INST-AWN awning, the "awning in a box"? My argosy came with a 12 foot version that the seller said needed new fabric. He wasn't the original owner so I didn't get much info from him. I'm looking for a picture of one extended or a user guide! I took the box off the Argosy to do the paint job, but now need to see how the thing works before getting the fabric replaced. I have brackets at the top of the Argosy, but nothing towards the bottom. Google search provided nothing to my amazement! I know the popular response will be "get a new one", but if I can get this one working it would serve the purpose. Thanks for any input! Tom
twilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Granada hills , California
Hi. Are you still looking for the awning? If you are, and are in california, i know wheres theres one for in great shape for $40

Brian
BForbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
1976 Argosy 28
1972 Argosy 24
Chico , California
Hi Brian,
I am in Northern California, still haven't decided what to do with the awning! Let me know what you have!
Tom
Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Granada hills , California
Hi Tom. I was just out at the "U Pick Parts" junkyard in sun valley, and there is an rv with the inst-awn awning your looking for. I've bought 5 complete awnings from that yard in the past, and they charge $40 for them. The aluminum box is painted blue to match the rv, but aside from that, it seems to be fine. It's been there for almost 2 weeks, and I just saw it this morning.

Brian
BForbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
1976 Argosy 28
1972 Argosy 24
Chico , California
Thanks for the input Brian! Sun Valley is a bit too far from me. I have been carrying a pop up shade shelter, that should work until I get some new fabric.
Tom