Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
water heater, univolt, stove top

My husband and I are planning on moving my Airstream across the street on some property so we can begin to renovate my 1974 Soveriegn. I have many Questions and will keep sending photos in hope that someone may be able to help me with my Airstream. There are several problems that accompany owning an older Airstream, but to me, the newer models do not possess the charm and style of the older ones. I was quiet upset when I learned that my EX husband removed our grey water tank and removed the regulator from our gas stove top. I would like to replace these items. He seemed to 'hate' my little mansion on wheels and as I was a traveling nurse and spent hours working, only to come home to find out that 'he' had destroyed and discarded the original items that came with my 1974 Airstream-such as the fold out table, the oven, ( which I still have and want to replace), the gas regulator was taken off, the suburban heater was removed--but we had no choice in that matter as it was no longer functional.) But he also removed other items as well and just "trashed" them as though they did not even matter. I am going to send photos tomorrow as my Airstream is in storage at my mother'
s property and will ask for suggestions on my problem areas.....hee hee, if it were up to me and I had the money,,,,,my Airstream would be totally redone and I would just stay in it for the peace and quiet. To me, if I were able to financially do it, I would just travel the rest of my life in my Airstream seeing places that I have always dreamt of........Oh, well, doesn't look as though that is ever going to happen unless I win the lotto-hahahhahhahaha.......Look for my photos please and let me know of any suggestions that you may have. OH, when I am able, I would like to remove the old control panel and replace it with a new one in order to save a lot of space......