Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2020, 08:18 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Hillbilly Hollywood (Nashville) , Tennessee
Damn shame that as a new Airstream owner you have to go BACK to the Airstream factory to repair items that should have never left the Airstream factory not functioning properly in the first place along with Airstream dealers who cannot or will not make warranty repairs in a timely fashion to new Airstream trailers they SOLD!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
I may be oldest and longest AS owner [1963 to present] and longest to JC for repairs of my fault in 1968, back 2 more times again my boo boo [all 3 times skin repair] always very happy w/repairs and treated well. Never had any dealer service of any kind in 57 yrs. of owning AS. When I started w/AS there were a lot of dealers and they had to be fair or gone, now few dealers some not very good but no competition. IMO why bother w/service, as stated very few dealers now.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:01 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SoulShine View Post
Hi Turk
We are having the same issue with the ticking by the door next to kit cabinet. By chance do you know how they fix that?
Thanks for the helpful info!
Hunter
If there’s a bulletin on the problem as the tech said, then I would expect there to be a solution in the bulletin. Perhaps there’s a copy on the Airstream website or maybe they will send it to you.

Carol
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Just got back

Hi,
Did not want to jack or mess up your thead but we must have just crossed paths. We drove up from Florida for scheduled service.

Your brakes gone on a 2019 is your gain set up to high? When we got there about the Terra Port was 1/3 full but as you said inside service it was packed. It felt weird being there with all the masks, no tours and the new place not open yet.

Our experience was bitter sweet. Sweet that the items on our list were taken care of and yes I don’t know how Brad does this but he remembers ones name.

Unfortunately our trip our vacation was finished done over. It was a VERY quite Ice cold ride home with the spouse who just found out the trip to go see her granddaughter was over. She accepted it but having to clean out the trailer within 8 hours and cram it all in the truck and return without the trailer was not good.

I’m not going to mention why ( not our fault, not JC service’s fault ) Some of you may guess , but lets say the trailer is there getting a major safety service needed that we did not expect under a new trailer with warranty. And there were three in front of me and a line behind me for the same. Why we had to leave ours they are getting slammed.

VERY grateful to the fellow owners we met and of course the crew at Airstream Jackson Service. Owners with both new and used trailers alerted us before further damage was done. So our trailer sits hoping to get in as soon as possible.

I will let out this clue if you have ft twin beds you're in my club if you have a full bed you can most likely breath a sight of relief.

Stuff runs down hill, Service always has to re-engineer and fix what some engineer team at Airstream totally DROPPED THE BALL ON with stress and load.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Bluffton , South Carolina
Finally got a answer on the fix for clicking sound from Alde plumbing at exit door and sink base cabinet. After calling several weeks ago and was told she would (get right back with answer). I called again and Mike got a answer in a few minutes which was they removed door threshold and sanded the sink cabinet around where the Aldie plumbing went through.
In my case the piping is really tight through there So I may wait until I change fluid again and take the pipe apart first. May try a little silicone till then.
Thanks again Turk .
69SoulShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:52 PM   #26
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Snip QUOTE...."I’m not going to mention why ( not our fault, not JC service’s fault ) Some of you may guess , but lets say the trailer is there getting a major safety service needed that we did not expect under a new trailer with warranty. And there were three in front of me and a line behind me for the same. Why we had to leave ours they are getting slammed.

?? "there getting a major safety service"

And the reason it's not being revealed to your fellow Streamers is? 🤔
You singed an NDA?

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 01-30-2021, 06:02 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Euless , TX
Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve46 View Post
We had a similar excellent experience at the Jackson Center service center more than a year ago. While initially we were quite perturbed at the lengthy list of items to be fixed on a new Airstream, we came to appreciate Brad and his team very much. I, too, had a prepared list (sent to him before our arrival) and together we first walked through the trailer so he could see what I meant. After the repairs were complete, when we picked it up, they walked through the Airstream to show everything that was done, and we stayed two nights at the Terraport and they made a few adjustments.
IMHO, Brad is the single most valuable staff member that we have encountered at Airstream. He is calm, polite, friendly and very responsive, and has the ability to turn owner’s frowns into smiles.
I had this same experience and after my warranty expired, I had some hail damage on the roof. I asked Artie and Tanner if it should be replaced and it seemed to be a toss up. Tanner agreed that they could do a better job than when it was made.

This will be my 4th trip to Jackson Center to get, my now leaking water for a year roof fixed. They did the pump and wind tunnel and still water falls in 3 rooms when it rains. Brad, is good. Each 2000 X 3 trip he says, I will take care of you.

I know this is a different story but, it is real. The mechanic was Clay and he was new there. Did not replace all of the rivets in a cover that was loose. Only the end ones. Installed the sky light backwards and it was leaking also.

Brad did pay for 2 1/2 trips of fuel. Each took 3 weeks of time. Part of the problem is when they shim a sinking floor, only replace 2 of six loose rivets, install parts backwards, I notice.

Maybe this is just a dream and my next trip, I won't have a water leaking roof like before I went to Jackson Center.

Since it's a warranty, I can't find anyone else to work on it.
I should not have bought the theory to replace the roof with a better one.
But, isn't this the Mother ship?
VacuumKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:05 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Brad , Artie and Kevin absolutely hold that service center together.

We will always go back there. Only other I would use is Vinnies if I was on the coast
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:19 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve46 View Post
.....IMHO, Brad is the single most valuable staff member that we have encountered at Airstream. He is calm, polite, friendly and very responsive, and has the ability to turn owner’s frowns into smiles.
Truer words have never been spoken......Brad solved our issues with patience and grace......and he knew we were beyond irate....

kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:14 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Euless , TX
Please do not be defensive. Brad and staff are great. The truth is they can cause your roof to leak and it can take 3 x 2000 mile trips to not have it repaired. I am still returning next month, so they can try again.

Just the facts. I did say, it was not leaking before. I am sure it will get fixed this time.
This does not take away from the great people in Jackson Center Airstream.
And I do not know what is says about me but, they broke it and haven't fixed it yet.
I am still driving back up there. I love that place even with a broken trailer.

See ya down the road.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by VacuumKing View Post
Please do not be defensive. Brad and staff are great. The truth is they can cause your roof to leak and it can take 3 x 2000 mile trips to not have it repaired. I am still returning next month, so they can try again.

Just the facts. I did say, it was not leaking before. I am sure it will get fixed this time.
This does not take away from the great people in Jackson Center Airstream.
And I do not know what is says about me but, they broke it and haven't fixed it yet.
I am still driving back up there. I love that place even with a broken trailer.

See ya down the road.
We have been back twice.....they KEY to get this right is to INSIST on a pressure test to find the water leak. That is really the only way they are going to nail it. They ended up finding a missing brace sealing member in the fantastic fan from day 1 build from the factory....so something was missed. It took us TWO trips to get it sorted and solved....not to mention the AS connected water leak from when the braided line from the antenna passing through the front panel acted as a water wick....destroying the inner locker in the process.

The INTERNAL PRESSURE TESTER is what found the issues.....and OTHER leaks we didn't know we had.....we've been through some harsh rain/snow events here......knock on wood.....bone dry...

It takes them a couple of hours to set it up.....but it will truly find what is amiss.

Why this isn't standard issue on their part...I dunno....
Old 02-03-2021, 08:07 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Euless , TX
YesI have done that and more.

Remembering, first trip they tried to fix the obvious or guess at leaks when they did a roof layover for the hail damage. 6/2020

Second trip, they hooked up the pressure test. then about 4 techs sprayed the trailer with soap bottles to find leaks. 8/2020

Third trip, they put the whole trailer in a water-wind tunnel over at the factory and flooded everything. Still no fixxy. 10/2020

Airstream Clay (the new guy then) did the roof layover, something works loose after you get on the road. Jackson seems to fix the leak and when I get it almost home, it is leaking. I found rivets loose and several other issues on other repairs.

The first trip, I asked the tech if he leaves these rivets loose and he said Yes. (Clay)

Everyone is nice there, I love Jackson Center and everyone there. This is the greatest place in the world, if you are under warranty and they don't create a roof leak.

In their defense, I don't hear from anyone that Airstream has caused a roof leak and not be able to fix it at the factory. But, I am locked in to Jackson Center since they caused the leak, suggesting they could do a better job.

This was meant to be informative and not a gripping thing. Brad is trying to fix it and he told me he would. I am still excited to go back to Jackson center to see all my friends.

Jackson is much better at replacing free stuff under warranty. For repairs, I maybe should find something something else.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:30 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
Quote:
Originally Posted by VacuumKing View Post
YesI have done that and more.

Remembering, first trip they tried to fix the obvious or guess at leaks when they did a roof layover for the hail damage. 6/2020

Second trip, they hooked up the pressure test. then about 4 techs sprayed the trailer with soap bottles to find leaks. 8/2020

Third trip, they put the whole trailer in a water-wind tunnel over at the factory and flooded everything. Still no fixxy. 10/2020

Airstream Clay (the new guy then) did the roof layover, something works loose after you get on the road. Jackson seems to fix the leak and when I get it almost home, it is leaking. I found rivets loose and several other issues on other repairs.

The first trip, I asked the tech if he leaves these rivets loose and he said Yes. (Clay)

Everyone is nice there, I love Jackson Center and everyone there. This is the greatest place in the world, if you are under warranty and they don't create a roof leak.

In their defense, I don't hear from anyone that Airstream has caused a roof leak and not be able to fix it at the factory. But, I am locked in to Jackson Center since they caused the leak, suggesting they could do a better job.

This was meant to be informative and not a gripping thing. Brad is trying to fix it and he told me he would. I am still excited to go back to Jackson center to see all my friends.

Jackson is much better at replacing free stuff under warranty. For repairs, I maybe should find something something else.
Ouch! Seems like the "Mothership" is not so slowly sinking....
B. Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:41 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Euless , TX
I love reading all of these good stories. Will be taking my 2015 25 cloud back for the 4th time in a year to get the leaking roof fixed. It wasn't leaking when they layered the 2nd roof on top of the original for the hail damage.

Brad, Artie, Chris, Tanner, Clay and Bill are doing great work and I appreciate their efforts.
I really enjoy each trip to JC, I am looking forward to having a trailer Not leak again.
I am getting good at tapping TP on the walls to stop the water from running down.

It is a good thing I am old because I can change paper when it rains each time I get up in the middle of the nite. Ha
Old 03-04-2021, 05:35 AM   #35
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Jumping in on this thread with a question or two. We are going to JC on the 15th of this month. I’ve never been there before. Looking at the weather, it looks like it’ll be right at freezing overnight. The main reason we are going back is a winterization issue. (I believe the valve that draws AF into the pump through the extra tubing is installed incorrectly).
My questions are, how fast are they? Should I plan on being there more than one night?
Second, I would like brakes inspected, pressure leak tested, and inspection. I’m assuming they charge for this, even under warranty. Any ideas on how or what they’d charge?
Third, we plan to stay at the factory (terraport?). Should we check in the night before?
Fourth, anyone know if they are doing factory tours? Do we need to sign up ahead of time?
Fifth, no restaurants in JC? Is it really 20 miles to find a place to eat?
Looking forward to this. I’ve been reading about going to JC for a long time. I started on doing my own repairs for this, but said why not let JC do this, it’s under warranty?
Thanks for the help.
Jeff

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:09 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Jumping in on this thread with a question or two. We are going to JC on the 15th of this month. I’ve never been there before. Looking at the weather, it looks like it’ll be right at freezing overnight. The main reason we are going back is a winterization issue. (I believe the valve that draws AF into the pump through the extra tubing is installed incorrectly).
My questions are, how fast are they? Should I plan on being there more than one night?
Second, I would like brakes inspected, pressure leak tested, and inspection. I’m assuming they charge for this, even under warranty. Any ideas on how or what they’d charge?
Third, we plan to stay at the factory (terraport?). Should we check in the night before?
Fourth, anyone know if they are doing factory tours? Do we need to sign up ahead of time?
Fifth, no restaurants in JC? Is it really 20 miles to find a place to eat?
Looking forward to this. I’ve been reading about going to JC for a long time. I started on doing my own repairs for this, but said why not let JC do this, it’s under warranty?
Thanks for the help.
Jeff
1. They are as fast as it takes to do the repair...not a joke. They don't dilly dally and are on an hourly clock with break bells and all, they are schedule driven.

2. If these are not on a "repair list" or cause of concern, they may charge, ASK first and they will tell you. The pressure leak test takes 2.5 hours to setup and then execute....so unless your going for a valid/known leak....I'd expect to pay. The others are in the vein of safety, most likely not a pay scenario .....but be sure to ask first.

3. Check in no, arrive yes. You do your check in first thing in the morning at the front entrance. Be there when the doors open. I recall that being 7am, check on the door when you arrive the night before.

4. I think factory tours are still offline. Usually began at 2PM; just be there in the customer area and they grouped and went in with a guide. I'm pretty sure there are still no tours due to covid.

5. There are a few small restaurants "near" JC, we went to The Heidout Restaurant & Bar & a small restaurant adjacent the factory in the town.

Have fun & enjoy
Old 03-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
If you like pizza there is a town South called bellfontain or something like that. We seal out that pizza every time we are in the area. Delicious Detroit style pizza that is better than Detroit pizza.

We always arrive the day before and check in then stay overnight. They come to you at 7am with a John Deere and pull your AS in for work. They will have it back out by 3pm if you need to spend the night in it (just let them know)

The more heads up that you give on what is needing to be done, they more likely they will complete in a timely manner. While under warranty, they noticed a fixed a few things that weren’t right when we went... issues that we didn’t know we had. It was a lovely experience and we ended up staying 4 days because they were tweaking everything and making sure we were 100% to their standards.

Free wifi in their lobby though I am not sure if they allow it because of cv19. If you stay for multiple days and don’t mind the day trip, go check out hocking hills in central/south OH. Good day trip and we enjoyed walking around and seeing the waterfalls there.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Sidney, OH is just up/down the road from JC. We found it to be an interesting place with friendly people, anxious to show off their renovated buildings, like the courthouses and a really cute, renovated bank.

We enjoyed eating at The Spot, a local counter walk-up restaurant. http://thespottoeat.com/

Most of these smaller towns are interesting to visit and they have nice restaurants.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434124662565.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	389862   Click image for larger version

Name:	0612151215.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	389863  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1434125371653.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	389864   Click image for larger version

Name:	0612151207.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	389865  

2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:03 AM   #39
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Thanks all. We’ve been pretty fortunate with this 2020 GT. Had it for a little over a year. 12,000 miles, almost 100 nights in it. No big problems. I’m thinking we will pass on the leak test, and will just be there one or two nights. I guess we will be in the truck from 7:00 am on?

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:07 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
New Hyde Park , New York
GettinAway,
If you want, there is a very nice Hampton Inn just 20 minutes south of JC in Sidney, OH. Take I-75 South and be comfortable.

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L Hemi eTORQUE

Airstream Club International #2600

I’d rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is offline   Reply With Quote