Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2021, 05:10 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Airstream service/maintenance appointmentnts

I am not sure what is more difficult finding a camp site or getting an appointment at the dealership. Our AC has gone out and tried to get an appointment at the AS dealer. I was told the earliest they could get to it was in mid Oct. Unfortunately that does me no good as one needs AC in the summer time.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Acs are generic go to a good RV repair guy
Old 07-20-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
Acs are generic go to a good RV repair guy
I understand, however, not all repair folks will work on an AS. Also many of the mobile trucks are booked out two to three weeks. I did find an RV dealer that was willing to diagnose the issue and fix if necessary but depending on the issue I was told it may be difficult to get the part.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:41 PM   #4
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Perhaps you could consult the A/C threads on the Forum and maybe you can fix it. There are also books available on RV repairs.

I have found RV shops can be booked up for many moons. A lot of RV’s have been sold in the past few years. Many brands break a lot and now they are rushing them out the doors, so if you are looking for a new profession, RV repair is a possibility.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Perhaps you could consult the A/C threads on the Forum and maybe you can fix it. There are also books available on RV repairs.

I have found RV shops can be booked up for many moons. A lot of RV’s have been sold in the past few years. Many brands break a lot and now they are rushing them out the doors, so if you are looking for a new profession, RV repair is a possibility.
I have looked at the threads and also talked to a few technicians and was given some ideas but unfortunately it leads to either a bad board or condenser. I will be having a tech doing a diagnostic test later this week and then go from there. Do knees I have no desire to climb on top of the AS
Old 07-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
I have looked at the threads and also talked to a few technicians and was given some ideas but unfortunately it leads to either a bad board or condenser. I will be having a tech doing a diagnostic test later this week and then go from there. Do knees I have no desire to climb on top of the AS
I understand not climbing on top. Good luck.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote