Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Bernalillo , New Mexico
69 Sovereign Black Tank Leak

I have a rear bath 69 Sovereign that has a blank tank leak. Not sure where the leak is at, or how large it is. Does anyone know if it’s more accessible to access the blank tank through removal of underbelly or do we have to access it through bathroom floor?

If anyone has any advice or input on what would be best way to inspect, fix leak, or worse case scenario replacement of black tank, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Yikes!

Well, the good news is that many here have replaced their tank. It is even possible to plastic weld them, but you figure with a tank that old, it's probably best to simply put in a new one. I understand the tank company has the templates for virtually every tank ever made for Airstream.

From what I understand, its easiest to drop the belly pan for the work. Hopefully your subfloor is still solid and firm.

There are many threads here with helpful pics; if you use the search feature here you should be able to call them up with ease.

Best of luck!
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Bernalillo , New Mexico
Thank you so much. The subfloor is solid, so, I am hoping I just need to remove underbelly.

Appreciate your help
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign