Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Nu-Tone Appliances & Central Vac System
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2002, 12:31 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

The fancy stuff

Hey people, Does anyone have an A/S with a built-in vacuum system? My 78 Excella does, but I can't seem to find the switch. I know it works because the previous owner said she turned it on by accident once and scared herself silly, but she never used it. I can't seem to find it accidentally or on purpose.
Also, I have a blender thing built in to the kitchen counter. There's no blender to go on it, and the gizmo is rusted away to nothing. Has anyone had any luck replacing one of these? It would be delightful to have it. I could show off by making fancy drinks for strangers in campgrounds all across America. Thanks. -Cheryl "Loopy Chenille"
Old 06-09-2002, 07:13 AM   #2
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Cheryl,
I have 79 Excella MH with a rear bath. The Dayton brand canister vac is in the rear bath closet and has a switch on the canister itself.
As for the nutone blender, I understand they are not available anymore, except the occasional attachment on ebay.
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
Finally Retired

, Washington
Nutone

You can still buy the blender attachments from some parts stores there is one in Seattle that I got mine from. It was about 75.00 and there are almost always parts on Ebay. I have purchased a couple of things including a new switch just in case. They aren't cheap but it is so neat to have them.
My vacumn starts when I put the hose in the wall. Hard if not inpossible to find bags. Euro-pro has a small silver upright I may go to when we are on the road. Better than the hand vac.
Have fun, Louise
Finally Retired
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 09:32 AM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Cheryl,

I have seen the attachments as well as the in counter motor available on Ebay, but you need deep pockets to afford what they go for. I have seen complete motors ending in the 300.00 range .

Welcome to the forum !
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 09:38 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
AHHHH, areas i'm familiar with. The Nutone in my '77 Excella 500 had a broken switch shaft. I kept a close eye on www.ebay.com under the Nutone Food Service Center search and bid on several units before winning one. It was a beautiful unit that had the solid stainless cover rather than the stainless and brown combination. They also come in white. Anyway, I paid around $142 for the unit alone. New, unused, start on ebay for around $199 and bids usually end up around $250.

I also purchased a blender for $42 off ebay. It was clear with a white top. I have seen rose colored ones also. I bought a knife sharpener for $24 also. They always have someone selling the main power unit as well as accessories. I'd also like to get a mixer one of these days. By the way, I have seen as much as 8 accessories go for upwards of $500. They are a much sought after item.

The vacuum in my rear bath coach was mounted in the rear outside compartment. I did not have any accessories with this unit. The switch is mounted under the counter next to the 110 volt circuit breaker box behind the tambour sliding door. It looks just like a wall switch. The vacuum unit plugs into a regular wall plug that is mounted in the rear compartment on the right hand side and is activated by the beforementioned switch. Craig

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 03:08 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
The Nutone blender and Ice Maker in my 345 make a great combination. The ice maker makes more ice than we'll ever need. Fortunately, my wife makes milkshakes with ice, milk, sugar, etc...with the Nutone blender. It's a nice treat while "camping"!
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 06:22 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Nutone in Seattle area

Cheryl,
Check my post in the 1978 Excella 500 category of this forum for the Seattle Nutone dealer who has replacement parts and accessories. I don't know what he has left from my inquiry of 6/2/01.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
portland , Tennessee
Cheryl did you find the switch? ours is next to the bathroom light switch. upper right. Hope it helps.
netlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
On the built in vacuum in our 1984 310 MH there was no switch, the motor started when you plugged the hose into the outlet which was in the hall.

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
portland , Tennessee
I just now noticed the date on this post. I guess you found it
netlace is offline   Reply With Quote