Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2020, 07:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Flush it

I had the same problem with our 2019 25 ft FC.

I pulled that tubing out of the restriction clamp you took a photo of. Then I have a Mighty Vac extractor that can vacuum out or push in fluids . From inside the trailer ceiling I disconnected the lines from the cups and hooked tubing to them. I then flushed gallons of hot soapy water down the line. After that never had a problem again. I do carry a length of the mentioned hard plastic tubing to run up from the wheel well once in a while.

While the lines were disconnected I also back-flushed the drain cups. Airstream kinks that drain tube were the roof tapers down the wall. Then they run it close to a rib. So the drip tube is severely restricted from brand new.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
I had the same problem with our 2019 25 ft FC.

I pulled that tubing out of the restriction clamp you took a photo of. Then I have a Mighty Vac extractor that can vacuum out or push in fluids . From inside the trailer ceiling I disconnected the lines from the cups and hooked tubing to them. I then flushed gallons of hot soapy water down the line. After that never had a problem again. I do carry a length of the mentioned hard plastic tubing to run up from the wheel well once in a while.

While the lines were disconnected I also back-flushed the drain cups. Airstream kinks that drain tube were the roof tapers down the wall. Then they run it close to a rib. So the drip tube is severely restricted from brand new.

Can you please elaborate on that 1st sentence?
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:56 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Clamp

Where the drain tube starts down the wall it is Hooke into a plastic clip I removed it from that clip that was pinching the plastic tube.

Just follow it back after the drain cups y connection toward the cabinet
Old 01-12-2021, 04:48 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
Where the drain tube starts down the wall it is Hooke into a plastic clip I removed it from that clip that was pinching the plastic tube.

Just follow it back after the drain cups y connection toward the cabinet
On mine, the blockage is about 6 inches past the clip....down the wall where I can't see it.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:54 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Blockage

Yes after the clip as the wall turns the radius is the restriction,you cannot pass a weed eater cord through it or plastic tubing..

After I flushed gallons of hot soapy water down the tube from the inside out the system always drained. I have no idea how or why but it worked all summer on our trip.

Airstream factory service was not going to de trim the interior as long as air pressure blew through the tube

I feel your pain but unless you remove cabinets and interior aluminum and insulation you will never see it.

Good luck
Old 03-04-2021, 05:19 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
I thought I’d provide an update on the drain line. As a last resort, I purchased an air compressor trigger with a rubber tip. I was able to open the plastic tube with about 40 psi of air. I’m now in FL and the condensate is now flowing as it should and not down my roof. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 03-05-2021, 10:15 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Drain

I’ve done that and it is a factory repair procedure
I hope you went from inside down?