Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Waco , Texas
No Power to Thermostat?

Last week I sold my 81 International and purchased a 96 Excella and I'm still learning how to use everything. While getting acquainted with the trailer on Friday night I was turning on and off all of the lights, playing the radio etc... and trying to get the furnace to run. I turned on the ceiling light while running the radio and I think I might have tripped a breaker or something. The radio momentarily stopped and then came back on when I flipped on the light switch.

Anyhow when I try turn the thermostat to the on position, there is no power. The display doesn't light up, nothing happens etc... I've checked the breaker box and the circuit board, but don't know exactly what to look for. I can't find a fuse box, like the one on my old 81. Maybe there isn't one...

What should I do? Attached are pictures of everything. I need to get this furnace running for our camping trip after Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duotherm Control Panel.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	92734   Click image for larger version

Name:	CircuitBox.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	92735  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Breaker Box.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	92736  
Bearstream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Waco , Texas
After an afternoon of trouble shooting, it appears that the problem was the thermostat. There is a short in it somewhere and after testing and retesting several areas on the circuit board we found a short. I think I repaired it but only time will tell. I may pick up a new thermostat, just in case this one takes a dump on me during our up coming trip to Colorado.
Bearstream1 is offline   Reply With Quote