Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
Sylvania's Company Airstream

While in Bisbee over the weekend, we awoke on Sunday morning to find this across from us at the Shady Dell. Sylvania is launching a new line of led spot lights and part of the marketing campaign was to outfit an Airstream with these lights. The guys gave us a bunch of free lights to place inside our trailer and even filmed a video of us and our Airstream. It was pretty cool and the lights are great. Hopefully, we can post the youtube video they shot once it is completed. The lights are excellent for under cabinets and in the storage closets. We even put one inside of our refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0950.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	62481  

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
That's pretty cool!

Air 10899 since 1/06
WBCCI 2484
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Way cool. How well do the LED's work? I've toyed with the idea of replacing the reading lights (general illumination lights) over the master bed with LED's for reading at night.

I don't understand why Airstream didn't do this since there is a general illumination light on the ceiling and they did put LED reading lights in the bunk beds and over the sofa. The light fixtures they put in over the master bed pillow area is the same as they put in the ceiling in the salon area, kitchen, dinning area, bedroom ceiling, and storage bays. Makes no sense not to have put two more LED light fixtures in.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
Way cool. How well do the LED's work? I've toyed with the idea of replacing the reading lights (general illumination lights) over the master bed with LED's for reading at night.

I don't understand why Airstream didn't do this since there is a general illumination light on the ceiling and they did put LED reading lights in the bunk beds and over the sofa. The light fixtures they put in over the master bed pillow area is the same as they put in the ceiling in the salon area, kitchen, dinning area, bedroom ceiling, and storage bays. Makes no sense not to have put two more LED light fixtures in.
They have several types. We installed two three light bars under the galley cabinets. They are surprisingly bright. They touch on and off with the lens. They operate on regular AAA or AA batteries depending on which on you use. They are mounted with self adhesive velcro pads that allow you to remove the lights to change the batteries. Check out the website OSRAM SYLVANIA - SYLVANIA Home and click on the image of the Airstream to go to the portal for the Dot-It lights. I understand that they retail for around 6-10 dollars depending on which on you purchase. I looked at a similar product from Camping World that was almost 20bucks. The guys with the trailer were doing product launches at Wal-Mart and Sam's.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Excellent!! How are the lights working and are they powered through a small 'AA' type battery or are they intended to be wired into the trailer's 12 volt system?

Let us know when your uTube video is up and running.

Brad
FF

On edit: Your above post answered my questions. Thanks.

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Cool! I don't know if they are the same brand, but we use a few of these (or at least something similar) in our Bambi..one over the sink in the vanity area and another in the bathroom so we don't have to turn on the overhead lights and wake everyone up if one of us has to get up in the night... We also have them in the back of our truck which has a cover on it...it's great for light when unloading stuff...and they can be taken off the Velcro and used elsewhere temporarily if you need light. They are very handy.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote