Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

la crescenta , California
Overnight parking on Rt 40 in AZ

Hey All,
Making a trip out to Chino Valley, AZ to pickup a AS. Was wondering if anyone has good insight into a safe place to pull off for the night between Seligman, AZ and Needles, CA on Route 40?
Thanks in advance!
Chris
drmittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
There's a Flying J in Belmont, and one in Winslow, both are on I-40.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
mapleton , Utah
Theres a KOA just west of Flagstaff also. You do NOTwant to stay in Seligman, Trust me I know.
Tim
rumrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
Theres a KOA just west of Flagstaff also. You do NOTwant to stay in Seligman, Trust me I know.
Tim
We've stayed at the KOA in Flagstaff. As long as people are aware that is an old KOA, built back in the day when a 31' Sovereign was the biggest travel trailer on the road, they'll be okay. In other words, it's tight...
We also stayed in Seligman, and like you, never again.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Please note that there are THREE KOAs in/near Flagstaff, two of which are near Williams, AZ, where the Grand Canyon Railway Station is located. "Circle Pines" is the one nearest I-40, and nearly all sites are laid out like a big pinwheel and are pull-throughs. We have stayed at this KOA during the summer, and it is typical (not outstanding, nor horrible). The KOA Web site says it is open April through November.

We have not stayed at the "Grand Canyon/Williams" KOA. However, it burned in years past; and it only reopened a year or two ago. Per KOA, it is open year-round.

The third KOA is in north Flagstaff on US-89; and it is probably not convenient, if you are headed to Chino Valley. We stay here several times a year, usually headed towards Lake Powell, Zion, Bryce, Canyonlands or Colorado. It's clean, conveniently located near shopping, restaurants, groceries and fuel; but the sites are in the trees and some are a tight fit. However, big bus-style motor homes and long trailers are always found in the pull-through sites. This one is open year-round.

There appear to be KOAs in Needles, Kingman and Seligman; but we have not stayed at any of these.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
Quote:"You do NOTwant to stay in Seligman, Trust me I know."

Pray tell could we have some details? I'm also going to be passing that area and would like to know what to look out for. Tnx
Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Visalia , California
Blake Ranch RV Park in Kingman, Az. is a great park, large pull-thru sites, clean restrooms, clean park. We have stayed there four times in the last three years. The park is up on a hill away from the freeway, so no road noise.
ThreeFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I stayed in Seligman several years ago and had no troubles. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote