Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Airstream Sighting ...

I usually don't take pictures of vintage Airstreams because we're heading down the highway when we see one ... it's always too late after Petunia shouts "Hey look! There's another one!" ...

But today while walking around historic Wallace, ID ... looking for Lana Turner's childhood home ... and the "Center of the Universe" ... we spotted this nice vintage Safari parked on the street. What amazed us was the quality of the body ... very smooth ... no dents ... no rot. Hopefully, the owner is going to restore it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Safari-1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	13771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Safari-2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	13772  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Safari-3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	13773  

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
Airstream Dealer

2001 25' Excella
Spokane Valley , Washington
Vintage Airstreams

Idaho must be a hot bed for old Airstreams. We were driving near Oldtown, Idaho, a couple of weeks ago and out in front of an RV park and Motel they had an exceptionally old looking Airstream hitched to an Opal GT as an advertisement for the RV park. Didn't stop to get a good look, body was straight on the highway side. It had at least 10 segments across the brow. Cool looking...except for the Opal. Wish I'd had my camera!
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Wow...what a treat on our way home from VT. I got to see a sweet looking Carvel being towed by what looked like an old Nomad(??) painted turquois and white. It was an Oooh Ooooh experience that soon passed by in a flash going north on 91 through Brattleboro. Another sighting of one for sale on Rt. 100..looked like a 30' int. unit. No more info as we had to get to the next waterhole. Some very cool places that I would like to pass along that we visited were the Bolton Potholes..off Rt. 2 in Bolton VT..follow signs for Bolton ski area off Rt.2...about 2/10ths of a mile on right park and it's a short walk down a path to an amazing swimming hole. The kids can jump off 10 to 20ft cliffs (legally)...unbelievable..next was to Warren falls which is located 3.1 miles (exactly) south of Sugarbush ski area on Rt. 100 on the right...another incredible swimhole with a short walk in to swimming area. The first one we went to was Bingham Falls located just south of Stowe Ski area on Rt. 108...this has a 30' cliff and some other smaller...with an incrediible waterfall...the walk in is a little more challenging. As with all these wateholes you must look for the cars...they aren't marked on the street by signs but are well worth the hunt. While at the Bolton Potholes we managed to run into a web host who specializes his site in waterholes around the country...maybe if your not in our neck of the woods you can find one in yours, here's the link to his site http://swimmingholes.info/. He was up there writing a story for this Friday's edition of the NY Times....took pics of the kids and everything! Well.... Happy Trails and Happy Hunting!!
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Cool pic'c...

Great shots Porky,...thanks for shareing them.
Terry C. Tullier is offline   Reply With Quote