RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
1956 18 "Footer"
Aliso Viejo , California
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
Need help identifying modle

Hi!

My name is Morgana. I inherited my great grandmothers 1956 Silver Streak. My GG purchased it in 56 to use as a temporary home while they were adding onto their home in Roseville, CA. When my GG was no longer able to use it, her daughter, my grandmother Ruth took it. I spent my whole life going on family vacations in the trailer. When my grandparents, passed in 2013 I inherited the trailer. I have had it stored inside for the last 8 years. We have not been able to use it because we do not have the correct vehicle to tow it. My husband is not really interested in getting the correct vehicle, so weve had to watch her sit unused. So were starting the process of selling, but before we do, we want to research what model it is so when we list we are giving the most accurate info possible. Can anyone help us identify the trailers modby the serial number or pictures?

Thank you,
Morgana
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	882B6EF1-E86D-4FBD-8759-5B59E4EC77C7.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	386664   Click image for larger version

Name:	273BAD9A-6788-49AC-801F-CE292BC1972B.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	386665  

Click image for larger version

Name:	391A54EB-2009-463F-97CE-7D6E6B7C93A5.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	386666   Click image for larger version

Name:	2BC4AACF-F2A1-4BD8-A0E0-8B991E44DAFB.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	386667  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CED88368-86BD-493B-AA11-BAB32C50B3EF.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	386670   Click image for larger version

Name:	B478CB5D-381D-4D59-ADBC-B91E3302ABD9.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	386671  

Click image for larger version

Name:	65B1ED3A-E471-4744-A77C-5838C194F583.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	386672   Click image for larger version

Name:	2E01425A-1E66-4EB1-87EE-A37320538127.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	386673  

56silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

 
1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,709
Nice looking trailer. Did Siler Streaks have VIN number plates anywhere?
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
InsideOut's Avatar

 
1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,257
Images: 108
Silver Streak Models:

Clipper 18, 20 and 22ft.
Jet 19 ft.
Sabre 17 ft.
Prince 18 ft. (1969)
Sabre 19 ft.
SS210 21 ft. (1980-?)
Continental Atlas 22 ft. (1968)
Sabre 23 ft.
Atlas 26 ft.
Atlas Twin Continental 27 ft (1970)
Rocket 27 ft. (1956)
Rocket 28 ft.
Continental Supreme 28 ft.
Luxury Liner 31 ft. (1957-58?)
Continental Supreme 34 ft.
Deluxe Atlas

You may be able to find some add'l info & pictures here to help you ID it:

Silver Streak - Tin Can Tourists

Especially look at the Clubs & Links section...I know Tom Paterson's page has lots of good info.

Good Luck!

Shari
__________________
Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
Rivet Master

 
1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,709
Nice looking trailer. Did Silver Streaks have VIN number plates anywhere?
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #5
Slide Out Society #001
 
GCinSC2's Avatar
 
2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,137
I'm not a buyer.

Do you have the title?
__________________
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member
 
1956 18 "Footer"
Aliso Viejo , California
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
VIN plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba L View Post
Nice looking trailer. Did Siler Streaks have VIN number plates anywhere?
My understanding from the research Ive done is that they do not have VIN numbers. They have the trailer serial number which is what the DMV used as the VIN for vintage trailers. So it has a serial number plate by the front door. But when you type that into the dmv data base it pulls nothing because they expect a 16 digit VIN. My understanding is I have to go to the DMV to speak to someone in person to try and get that info and with Covid that isnt an option right now.
56silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member
 
1956 18 "Footer"
Aliso Viejo , California
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
I'm not a buyer.

Do you have the title?
Yes, I have the original title and registration.
56silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member
 
1956 18 "Footer"
Aliso Viejo , California
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
Add. Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
Silver Streak Models:

Clipper 18, 20 and 22ft.
Jet 19 ft.
Sabre 17 ft.
Prince 18 ft. (1969)
Sabre 19 ft.
SS210 21 ft. (1980-?)
Continental Atlas 22 ft. (1968)
Sabre 23 ft.
Atlas 26 ft.
Atlas Twin Continental 27 ft (1970)
Rocket 27 ft. (1956)
Rocket 28 ft.
Continental Supreme 28 ft.
Luxury Liner 31 ft. (1957-58?)
Continental Supreme 34 ft.
Deluxe Atlas

You may be able to find some add'l info & pictures here to help you ID it:

Silver Streak - Tin Can Tourists

Especially look at the Clubs & Links section...I know Tom Paterson's page has lots of good info.

Good Luck!

Shari
Thank you!
56silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:45 PM   #9
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745
 
guskmg's Avatar

 
2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,376
A SilverStreak would have a data plate on the lower left side near the bottom. Mine had the SN stamped on the tongue. IIRC on the left side of the A frame.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:59 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member
 
AndynMeganB's Avatar

 
Sacramento , California
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56silver View Post
My understanding from the research Ive done is that they do not have VIN numbers. They have the trailer serial number which is what the DMV used as the VIN for vintage trailers. So it has a serial number plate by the front door. But when you type that into the dmv data base it pulls nothing because they expect a 16 digit VIN. My understanding is I have to go to the DMV to speak to someone in person to try and get that info and with Covid that isnt an option right now.
Unfortunately you"ll be wasting your time with the DMV of Ca, we still don't know the exact year of our 50s Silver streak that's real close to yours (original title missing). Ours looks to be a "Jet" model, 19 feet from the ball end on the hitch to the rear bumper. And you can pay the DMV for a records search regarding your title, but most of the staff are clueless on anything definitive. If it's not written up directly in front of them, they have no knowledge how to help you!

If you look up models on the internet you can find literature from the period telling specs about the trailers (length etc).
AndynMeganB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:46 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member
 
1956 18 "Footer"
Aliso Viejo , California
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndynMeganB View Post
Unfortunately you"ll be wasting your time with the DMV of Ca, we still don't know the exact year of our 50s Silver streak that's real close to yours (original title missing). Ours looks to be a "Jet" model, 19 feet from the ball end on the hitch to the rear bumper. And you can pay the DMV for a records search regarding your title, but most of the staff are clueless on anything definitive. If it's not written up directly in front of them, they have no knowledge how to help you!

If you look up models on the internet you can find literature from the period telling specs about the trailers (length etc).
Thank you! We have the original title, as I stated, were the original owners, it was my great grandmothers first, then my grandmother, and now mine. The title does not specify model for whatever reason. So were just trying to find the model. I will research the Jet model. Thank you for your reply!
56silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #12
New Member
 
Calexico , CA
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 1
Need help identifyng the model

I've got an silver streak sabre but can't find serial number, or The date , somebody candy help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210113_140301.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	387023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-01-12-21-12-30-273_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	387024  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-01-12-21-12-36-544_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	387025  
Kalikiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #13
New Member
 
Airstream - Other
Minnetonka , Minnesota
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
There is a Silver Streak forum started by Tom Patterson. He's pretty much an expert on these. The forum kind of died out and moved to FB but he's still around and on the FB forum. He might know. Thats really sad that you are selling. That is a single axle and probably under 3000 pounds. Would not take much of a tow vehicle to make things work for you. We have already purchased a 17 ft silver streak which is a huge project for us but if we were still looking we would have be very interested in yours.
heliconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help identifying RM model fridge happygrrly Refrigerators 17 08-29-2009 12:33 PM
Need help identifying black tank in floor. zipman Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame 4 05-17-2009 11:15 PM
I need help identifying these rims NatchezBear Wheels, Hubs & Bearings 4 11-02-2008 07:31 PM
Need help in identifying this Airstream JimGolden On The Road... 10 01-01-2007 02:56 AM
Need help identifying old Airstream! KY Girl Our Community 3 12-12-2002 07:16 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.