Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Ribs, Skins & Rivets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Duluth , Minnesota
Skin Repair on my new Bambi!

For those who didn't happen to see my post last week... Had a wind storm up here (Duluth, MN) a week and a half ago. Lost a 43' pine tree... Yup, managed to find the top of my new (one year old) Bambi! The damage was severe enough to have pushed the indentation all the way through to the interior!

After I got over the shock I realized I had a total of one week to get it repaired or take it on our family vacation trashed! After calling a "local shop" I realized getting it repaired probably was out of the question. Then called Jackson Center to see if they had any suggestions - they said if I could figure out how to get it there by Monday (last week) they could assure me of geting it done by the next weekend!

Took the road trip to OH last Sarurday and tracked with them during the week. They finished on Wednesday. I returned Friday afternoon to find my rig looking better than new (NO KIDDING)! The service advisor for my repair was Chris Burch. The people down there are absolutely terrrific! From the receptionist to the service folks (even to the biling person) they all exceed expectation and I can hardly believe I am about to leave on my trip with what loks like a brand new rig!

Anyone with serious damage ought to know about how you will be handled by the AS team! More importantly, prospective buyers of AS products should know what to expect after the sale! As bad as I felt about my trailer damage, I simply cannot say enough about the great customer service received "back-home"!

Customer service isn't dead! It is alive and well in Jackson Center, OH!
skykingpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
I appreciate your sharing your experience with AS HQ repairs. As you may know, our BaseCamp was totally destroyed in a fire in May. Since there was nothing left to repair, we did not inquire of the services available in Jackson Center. Fortunately, insurance reimbursement plus additional cash allowed us to replace the BaseCamp with a 19' Intl. CCD Bambi.

Hearing your story and knowing ours makes me wonder if AS's attract tragedy!!! ;-) Seriously, it is comforting to know that this repair capability exists for us and other AS owners.

Thanks,

Jerry
JerryMcMunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Burien , Washington
Hearing that you were well taken care of at Airstream HQ was nice to hear. I haven't yet dealt with major repairs like that, but, it's good to know you can take it home for some serious TLC.

Sam
SRoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Duluth , Minnesota
Frankly, until this happened, I didn't realize they did major repair at JC! As I didn't know, I thought the post might be of some help to those similarly situated... Hope it helps someone else at some point...

The trailer is literally better than it was when I picked it up from the dealer!

Best regards folks!
skykingpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
JC has repaired my trailer twice. Once in the rear and once in the front. In under a year of ownership. They are nice and they generaly do good work. A few minor problems...

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote