Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2006 - 2010 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
'07 FB CCD Side Bed making question.

Hello,

We were able to spend a couple of nights in the new trailer this fall but wondered about making the bed opposite the sink on the roadside with the pull-out. We pull the slider out and use the long back cushion to fill the space, however it doesn't really fill the space. It's a little bit too wide and rests on the lip of the pull-out tray. Therefore the hallway side of that bed has a slight incline to it. Is this what everyone else has experienced?

Our little one hasn't complained about it and we figure it will keep her from rolling onto the floor but it just seems like that cushion should fit into that space a little better.

Cheers,

Doug
yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yes mine is like that too. I would think Airstream would do a better job of fitting and standardizing the cushions too. They can't quite follow curves along the dinettes either. I store placemats, mylar sheets in place of cutting boards, and other thin flat things under the cushions, and my yard stick just next to the lip. My stuff may make the cushion slope more gradually? However the cushions separate and shoot all over the place. If the lip fit the extended depth it would be nice. Do you think we can possibly figure a fix when the AS engineers could not?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Corbett , Oregon
We have a '07 23' International that has the same problem---what the heck we're they thinking. Short of custom making something to fit the slide-out (more to store), I haven't figured out a simple solution.

If you hear of a good solution, pls let me know.

Lochsa
Lochsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Brad has a 23' International and we are using a Hacksack system since the size matches the space better than the Travasack. Leisure Industries We have used it on the corner bed and on the slideout lounge. The winter side has more batting and makes a nice cover for the cushions with a tiny tuck between the cushions and walls to secure it. It may shift a bit but once inside you are snuggly and can roll up the whole shebang and stow it. If you feel creative you can face it with covering of your choice and make some alternate velcroed sheets to please your fancy. Add a nice throw pillow or two and voila'.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 international