Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
St. Albert , Alberta
Rewiring the Argy clearance lights

Hi all,

I'm running a whole new set of "pairs of wires" to each of the clearance lights on the Argy26. The trick is that I'm thinking of doing that without removing the interior vinyl. Hmmmm.

Can someone who has removed the vinyl tell me if I can push a "fish tape" from each of the set of three lights (on the back and front) into the ceiling area. I've removed all of the roof vents, so if I can get the fish tape to a vent hole, then I can pull all the new wires across the top of the Argy.

As for the lower ones, I'm thinking that I can push the fishtape all the way from the bottom up to the ceiling as well and pulling it along with the set-of-threes.

Thanks!
Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
On my Argosy I salvaged and repainted the aluminum castings but completely replaced the marker lights through local RV supply sources. They look great. The existing wiring was just long enough to pull through the end cap holes and re-use. I recall the wiring would bind in the holes pretty easily if it angled from the side at all. My results for lights working was 100%. There were no problems with the old wiring.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
St. Albert , Alberta
Ah ha

Maybe I will reuse the wiring...because if it works, that's one more hour I have to work on something else. I'll test them out too, thanks!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Hey Chopper: should have solder new wires to the old ones and pull them thru. Old trick that works. "boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
St. Albert , Alberta
Gotcha

I'm off to the RV supply store with a long shopping list. One of the itmes I'm getting is a new 7-pin male connector so I'll have fun updating that portion on the Argy and then checking the integrity of the umbilical back to (?) well I don't know how far back it goes, but I've got lots of wires to check!

Cheers!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
chopper

the wire airstream uses is of very good quality. i would say it is safe to reuse as finding an equivilent or better wire may be difficult.

john