Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Durham , North Carolina
horn, heater, mirrors and stairs not working

I have a 95 Land Yacht 35ft diesel pusher and am looking for the wiring schematics for the chasis electriclal that includes the horn, heater, mirrors and automatic stairs. Can anyone help me?
Scott bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Is this a Cutter or just a Land Yacht?

These systems will be Airstream Circuits and not Chassis supplied.

Airstream has schematics posted for units 1998 and later. Try Google.

If no luck, post again and I will do some research tonite.

Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Durham , North Carolina
reply to Dave

Thank you Dave for your reply. I have a Land Yacht. Airstream did not have the schematics as my Land Yacht is a 1995. I may not need the entire schematic as I am only trying to get the mirror(s), horn, dash air and entrance stairs working. THanks for your help.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Just to keep this in view and see if someone else can give you detailed information.

Seems to me that most of these items should not be connected to the same circuit.

I would think, if you have no power to some of these items, that if you look at the Airstream installed fuse box, you should find an 'AUX' fuse that might control some of them. Take the fuse out to test as, if it has been exposed to moisture, it may just have poor contact with the fuse holder.
I would suspect that all these items should not run off the same fuse. (especially the dash air). If the dash air is ACME, it should run thru a fuse and relay probably located on the front outer firewall. There will also be a resister box located in that general vicinity that controls the speeds on the blower. Is the blower working?

The horn: Have you got power to the horn? The electric horn itself might just be seized. This can usually be repaired with patience and a big hammer.

Where is the mirror control located? Have you power to the control? If so, then it is probably a poor plug connection at the ws pillar location. What mirrors are on there. Are they Velvac Turbo Mirrors?

Please call our Technical Service Dept. at 1-800-783-8871 for assistance. VELVAC.

Velvac no longer supply this model, and they used to have an assembly sheet on line, but that appears to be gone. If you need one, I should be able to scan my copy and email it. If you need to take it apart, be very careful as parts are n/a.

Try to be specific when asking for help, as what you are asking for is probably not available unless someone has the original Owners Manual and can scan it for you.

Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Durham , North Carolina
The mirror, horn and ACME AC all went out at the same time. I have original owners manual, but, no wiring schematic. Seems that mirror horn AC have common electric fault. I bypassed the wheel button to activate horn and wired separate horn button and horn works, but not from the steering wheel. I think you are correct about common circuit and my thought about common fault correct. I will check for AUX fuse failure(s). Thanks Dave. Scott