Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
ellenwall

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Shawano , Wisconsin
Proud new owners from Milwaukee

Hi everybody
We are Roy and Ellen Wall - recently bought a 2007 25' Safari SE. We're hoping to spend 6 months or so in it traveling to Florida and Texas, where we have grandchildren. We're looking forward to gaining wisdom from those of you who have been down the road before us.

We had not planned to buy an Airstream, even though we've looked at them and wanted one for many years. We bought a T@b (a teardrop made by Thor Industries), then realized on the first night we tried it out how ridiculously small it was for two large adults. The T@b dealer was willing to give us a fairly good trade value IF we upgraded to an Airstream. After a couple of agonizing weeks, we decided to upgrade ...

We absolutely love having an Airstream - and we're now planning our retirement (coming up next spring) differently because we have it.

Thanks for caring - I'm sure we'll get to know some of you through this Web site!

Ellen Wall
ellenwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hello Ellen & Roy,

Welcome to the Forums. You have amazing good taste in Airstreams! Our 25' FB SE is one year old in a couple weeks. I'll see what I can do to have an administrator make 2007 models available on 'Edit Profile' in the User Control Panel.

This is a great place to hang around and learn how much more you can learn -- I know I did!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Mickleton , New Jersey
Proud New Owners

Hi Ellen and Roy,

We are new owners ourselves. We have a 23' Safari SE we recently took delivery on. Still trying to learn ourselves. Only had a brief weekend camping a few miles from home in New Jersey. This weekend we will camp in Maryland at Bar Harbor Campground and Marina.

My cousin and his family live in Cedarburg, Wi just up the pike about 20 miles or so from Milwaukee. Good Luck and enjoy your trailer.

Larry
2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
mickleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forum neighbors. I'll be happy to introduce you to all I know about Airstreams and camping in wonderful Wisconsin.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Congratulations on your purchase! I am sure you have bought a unit that you can probably full-time in if you want. Enjoy and welcome to the forum and to Airstream ownership.
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:17 AM   #6
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
Congratulations on your purchase! You'll find aluminitus is very addictive, but fun and rewarding. Enjoy your new family member and don't worry about not knowing much about the camping experience. We all started out there and it didn't take long to feel comfortable (with lots of information from the Forum, of course!).

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
Welcome!

Congratulations and welcome!!
This is a great forum with lots of nice folks who all suffer from aluminitis to one degree or another!
Our daughter recently moved to the land of cheese and beer and Harleys and we'd like to know if you can recommend a good campground (full hookups and QUIET) within a half an hour of Milwaukee?
I don't think you'll ever regret upgrading from a @Tab to an AS - sounds like you bought a pretty one too!
Good Luck!!

Steve and Susan
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote