Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2023, 02:29 PM   #1
Avid Traveler

2019 Basecamp
Boise , Idaho
Not really new, but...

Hi Everyone, I have been on the forum for awhile (albeit not using it very much) but for some reason, the system is now treating me as "new." Since I never introduced myself before, I guess I will now.

I currently travel in the HMS Beagle, my 2019 Basecamp, although I have had two other AS, one of which my husband and I took to Europe for eight months (that was fun!!)

A widow now, I find my Basecamp much more suited to life with one human and a dog.

I have been camping alone for over four years (about 35% of my time on the road), early retiree, so I have plenty of flexibility. I started a thread in the "singles" forum hoping to find someone to camp around with--heading to BC for the month of August 2023. It can get lonely out there and, I find, life is more interesting when shared.

I also joined the Northwest Streamers group and hope to meet you all at a camping trip soon. I camp year round and am headquartered right now in Boise, Idaho.

-Kit
Kitrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 03:26 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2023 30' Classic
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Jonesboro , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitrina View Post
Hi Everyone, I have been on the forum for awhile (albeit not using it very much) but for some reason, the system is now treating me as "new." Since I never introduced myself before, I guess I will now.

I currently travel in the HMS Beagle, my 2019 Basecamp, although I have had two other AS, one of which my husband and I took to Europe for eight months (that was fun!!)

A widow now, I find my Basecamp much more suited to life with one human and a dog.

I have been camping alone for over four years (about 35% of my time on the road), early retiree, so I have plenty of flexibility. I started a thread in the "singles" forum hoping to find someone to camp around with--heading to BC for the month of August 2023. It can get lonely out there and, I find, life is more interesting when shared.

I also joined the Northwest Streamers group and hope to meet you all at a camping trip soon. I camp year round and am headquartered right now in Boise, Idaho.

-Kit
Welcome Kitrina and I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband! Good luck with your BC trip, I hope you find a great camping buddy!

WBCCI #8996
ghaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaag View Post
Welcome Kitrina and I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband! Good luck with your BC trip, I hope you find a great camping buddy!
Also sorry to hear of the loss of your life mate. My condolences to you.

But also pleased that you are soldiering on. Your experiences sound awesome. Please share.

And lots of folks here happy to help make your trails happy.

Welcome to the forum.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 06:38 AM   #4
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Hello Kit. And a warm re-welcome to the forum.

Are you a member of the Airstream Club? The reason I ask is that may be a good place to meet other potential traveling companions. And with the club there is the option for Courtesy Parking. I know many who have made lifelong friends by taking advantage of the offer of allowing you to park on their property when traveling.

It is true for most people that life is more interesting when shared. All the best in your search.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:42 AM   #5
Avid Traveler

2019 Basecamp
Boise , Idaho
Thanks everyone!

Thank you for the warm welcome, and a great suggestion about joining the Airstream club. My husband and I were members years ago but certainly something I will renew.

I have had quite the learnings experience being a solo camper the last few years, If anyone is interested, there is a link to my blog in my bio. The posts are there from the most recent backwards but there is an archive if you want to read it in sequence.

Happy camping!
Kit
Old 01-05-2023, 07:43 AM   #6
Avid Traveler

2019 Basecamp
Boise , Idaho
Hi Hans, thank you for the great suggestion. I didn't know about courtesy parking, that is fantastic!

Safe travels,
Kit
Old 01-05-2023, 07:45 AM   #7
Avid Traveler

2019 Basecamp
Boise , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
Also sorry to hear of the loss of your life mate. My condolences to you.

But also pleased that you are soldiering on. Your experiences sound awesome. Please share.

And lots of folks here happy to help make your trails happy.

Welcome to the forum.
Hi Fungus, thank you for the warm welcome. I do write a blog when I'm on the road and I have to say sometimes it's quite hysterical....

Hmsbegl.blogspot.com

Safe travels,
Kit