Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Anacortes , Washington
Diane

I'm not sure that I can be a member of this Airstream forum, because with all great intentions, I was looking for an airstream, but my husband came home with a 1972 25' Regency Streamline trailer. Can I still be a member and have my questions answered?
KianaLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Of course! Maybe he'll eventually upgrade to an A/S.
Just kidding of course, you have to buy what works for you and your situation. A/S ownership has never been a requirement here. Just an added bonus.
Welcome to our world,
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Don't See Why Not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KianaLi
I'm not sure that I can be a member of this Airstream forum, because with all great intentions, I was looking for an airstream, but my husband came home with a 1972 25' Regency Streamline trailer. Can I still be a member and have my questions answered?
WELCOME....ASK AWAY
Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I don't see why not. We are really not that exclusive.

Welcome to the party!

The main thing for new members around here is that you have to post pictures. We love seeing trailers.

If your in So Cal join in with the Calstreamers at a rally.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi I do believe you are. Who knows maybe you'll be bringing home an Airstream yourself one day. I'll cross my fingers for you. But I have to warn you, I joined before we had an Airstream and it really can get into your blood!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Tampa , Florida
Non-Airstream owning member, too

The answer is, yes.
As you can see by my signature I do not own an Airstream and there are quite a few here who do not. There are other good RV forums that would meet your needs as well as this one, but I can't even tell you what they are given I find everything I need here. I prefer this forum to all others.
Of course, you may not find answers specific to your trailer, but you can find lots of good towing, camping, etc advice here. You may not even have to ask the question to find an answer. As many will tell you there is a very good search function that will give you a lot of the answers you ask for.

Welcome to the forums.

1949 Spartan Mansion (30')
at_wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Hi Diane, welcome! We love camping in your area - it's a fairly quick run from our home and perfect for a weekend (we're going back to Bayview S.P. this spring).

You might want to think about joining us at the Tin Can Tourists rally in Deming the 3rd weekend of August - there are all kinds of vintage trailers and cars in attendance and it's a great time!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
While there are some brand-specific information we don't have here, and will leave us scratching our heads, a lot of stuff is shared technology, and we can help you.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
Have you considered divorce?
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Looking for time

1971 23' Safari
midland , Michigan
Welcome kianali--Ive not heard of a regency streamliner--can you please tell us something about it?--do you like it?----jim
jamesardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
Gypsygirl1 and Hubby

1959 24' Tradewind
Windsor , Ontario
Fellow TinCan Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Hi Diane, welcome! We love camping in your area - it's a fairly quick run from our home and perfect for a weekend (we're going back to Bayview S.P. this spring).

You might want to think about joining us at the Tin Can Tourists rally in Deming the 3rd weekend of August - there are all kinds of vintage trailers and cars in attendance and it's a great time!
Welcome Diane -- Have only been a member a short time myself, and LOVE, love the forums. Extremely helpful.
My husband and I are also Tin Can Tourists members.... but we've only been to one rally here.... in Michigan. We had a blast. There were 140 vintage trailers there last year, all makes and models, and lots of Airstreams. We didn't have our A/S yet, but we did have 52 Royal Spartanette at home. Since then we've purchased our beloved 59 Tradewind for travel and are anxiously waiting (and working like crazy) for the rally in May in Michigan.
1954 Pacemaker 32 ft (summer guesthouse)
Tin Can Tourists Vintage Trailer Club
gypsygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Diane

I've seen some pretty nice looking Streamline trailers on various websites. They are decent looking and have a strong following similar to Silver Streak and Avion - and Airstreams.

Look forward to seeing you at the TCT Deming August (16th to 20th I think) event.

As Mel mentioned there's lots of vintage trailers, cars and the part she forgot - a lot of vintage people too, not that I'm pointing the finger at anyone in particular.....

Barry
Old 02-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #13

Currently Looking...
Anacortes , Washington
KianaLi

Wow! What a nice response. Thank you all for your welcome messages. Well, our (new) Streamline Regency travel trailer is in pretty good shape. It needs to be cleaned, polished, new water heater, furnace, refrigerator, stove, tires, vinyl/carpet flooring, drapes, beds, upholstery......just for starters, but she is a 'beaut'. We've been through all this before only on the water. We restored a Monk 50' 1934 yacht and lived on it for 12 years, so I guess we can do it again. Oh, I failed to mention it has no awning. Is there somewhere to get old parts and information about these ole' girls? I truley wanted to go trailer camping this summer/fall, so I have my work cut out for me. Wish me good luck, and any information that you might think would be helpful, please don't hesitate to let me know. I penciled in the TCT Rally in August. That would be fabulous to meet some of you and to see all the vintage.
KianaLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #14
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
As Mel mentioned there's lots of vintage trailers, cars and the part she forgot - a lot of vintage people too, not that I'm pointing the finger at anyone in particular.....

Barry
I also forgot to mention the vintage grape juice.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Currently Looking...
Glenburn , Maine
Well Diane, since it appears the Streamline message board (Streamline Message Board) appears to be moribund, I think you and the DH will do just great hanging out here. Also, much more likely to find folks who can answer your questions -- seems to be an awful lot of unanswered questions at the other gin joint...
olddog299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
This showed up....

This I, believe, a '78 showed up at our last Rally (NorCal Lake San Antonio Fall Rally) and was very welcome. It is a beautful coach......and the people were very nice too. Fulltimers.
Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NorCal Fall Rally. Lake San Antonio. 10-26 - 10-28, 2007 070.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	54908  
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid