Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Soon to be Newbie

Kerrville , Texas
wannabe- soon to be NEWBIE!

Hi everyone. I am in the process of buying a 2008 Safari Sport 22'. We are transfering from a 17' Casita Deluxe. This Airstream model seems to be just a step up from the Casita. Our ONLY reason for leaving our Casita was that we had a second child, there is four of us now. I think the Safari Sport is semi-new to the Airstream fleet and was wondering if anyone had any input on them......any and all opinions appreciated. Thanks, Jimmy
Hickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Hi Jimmy, The Casita looks like a very nice trailer. I've looked into them before but never in person. How was the resale value? I'm guessing the Airstream is twice as good for twice the price but please let us know how it compares in your mind. I hope that the premium new AS owners pay is for quality and not just the name.

Best wishes,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
Soon to be Newbie

Kerrville , Texas
Steve, The resale on a Casita is amazing, I got 14,500 for my 2006, sold by owner. The dealers really want you to trade them in but people will pay good dollar for them to avoid the 6-8 month wait. We had kept ours under a cover in my warehouse and it was in great condition. So all together I only took a two thousand dollar hit on it. I chose A/S because of the quality and towability of the unit, I hope it is worth it. We plan on keeping this one for a LONG TIME. Thanks for the response, Jimmy
Hickey is offline   Reply With Quote