Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitchell View Post
It was disclosed that it was damaged in transport from JC, and that upon arrival the dealership asked JC for authorization to make repairs. JC authorized the repairs.
I bought mine off the dealer's lot. It had sat there for a while, so I figured if it didn't show evidence of leaks it was good. I also paid particular attention to the storage doors and how they fit and closed.
I'm happy, but after the closing my salesman told me when he retired he was going to buy a new RV "off the lot" rather than order. He admitted that many Airstreams arrive with some damage from transport. They're often towed by individuals who get paid to get there as fast as possible, not care for your new unit. Once they're damaged, it's the dealers responsibility to fix them, and you don't really have the option to say, "I want a new one."
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
We were at the Airstream south dealer south of san jose california when a truck came in carrying Airstreams.

https://youtu.be/0u6a7z43Slg

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote