Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Greenwood Village , Colorado
Colorado Dealers?

Hi,

Brand new to the forum and looking for opinions on dealers / service providers in the Colorado area. I'm based in Denver and have a 2008 19' Safari SE (purchased in June, 2007).

Thanks for any input. I've had mixed experiences and I'm curious if any other Airstreamers in my area can share some wisdom with a newbie.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Hyperion,

Congrats and welcome. We have mixed feelings about Windish since "Abby", the Airstream tech extraordinaire left. He worked on one of our airstreams and our S.O.B. motorhome.

Intermountain Coach in Colorado Springs seems to be pleasing locals who go there. We have no experience with them, except in purchasing our 2006 Bambi Quick Silver. The axle inadequencies of the Bambi, causing us not to use it, isn't Intermountain faults, so I have nothing negative to say about them. Dan, the owner, is always happy to help out the Denver Unit whenever he can, and that goes for his service crew. Hope this helps.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Welcome from Arvada.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Hello Hyperion and welcome!

I have not had good experiences with Windish in Lakewood and have had very positive experiences with Intermountain in Colorado Springs.

I am just down the road from you in Centennial and have found that it also is just as easy to get to Intermountain as it is to Windish.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Welcome from Colorado Springs. Intermountain has been helpful with info and parts. I haven't used their service yet.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
welcome from breckenridge and denver area!

I have been to both and find that both are about the same! The c-springs dealership does have twice the selection. But I find the service d-part is better in denver...
Instagram #Vinstream
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Greenwood Village , Colorado
Thanks, everyone.

I purchased at Windish. The sales team was good, but I've had poor luck with the service department. I had the Bambi in twice for warranty issues last summer. Some issues were fixed but most were not. After giving Windish multiple tries at the same problems, I called Airstream's service department and they connected me with John at Intermountain. They were happy to work on my trailer and fixed everything on the first try. I'll be using them in the future.

centennialma - you're dead right on the location. I found it easier to use Intermountain since I'm taking the unit in for service before work or picking it up afterwards. Much easier to avoid rush hour in Denver with the trailer in tow, even though Intermountain is actually further away.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1987 33' Argosy
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Welcome from Black Forest! We are newbies, and would like to know if there is anyone local (owners who are more experienced than us) who can help us get this thing de-winterized and in working order (water, toilet, etc.). Please call Naomi at 303-875-8382 if you can! We have an '87 33 ft Squarestream.....
tworavens is offline   Reply With Quote