Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Linwood , New Jersey
Partial Renovations?

Hey, guys! I have a quick question.

I'm setting aside a chunk of money to purchase a used airstream hopefully in the next 3-6 months. For my needs (I'll be using it full time & working in it as well) there arent really any floorplans that fit my needs 100%, so I'll need to do some renovations no matter what trailer I get. While I am confident in doing things like laying new floors, painting, & reupholstery, for things like changing wall layouts, plumbing, and electrical, I would much rather get a pro.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you know or have you heard of any pro renovation shops that will do small jobs or even renovate a chunk of a trailer to fit someone's needs? I was considering getting a trailer with one of the split, central bathrooms (shower on one side & toilet/sink on the other) and expanding them into one 4.5' x 8' room that spans the width of the trailer. I'm not at all confident in my ability to do any of the plumbing or rewiring for lights, nor do I have the tools needed to add/change walls.

Is this something I could get done? And what should I expect to pay for a job like this? (minus the cost of buying a new tub, toilet, and vanity/sink, since with savy craigslist shopping I can get some or even all for a huge discount) Lastly, do you know of any websites or shops that have price breakdowns for different types of small jobs, for those of us who don't necessarily want or need a full top-to-bottom renovation?
LizzieBean is offline   Reply With Quote