Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Astrodokk's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 620
Images: 4
Where's furnace fuse?

I've been trying to get the furnace to light, but to no avail. The blower starts but blows cold air. I attempted about 5 or 6 times, now the blower doesn't even start up anymore. I checked fuses at the Univolt, and all are good. The book doesn't state there are any furnace fuses in the fuse box up front, so what do I do?
__________________
2000 Ford E-350 Super Duty 418ci/6.8L Triton V10 21í Chinook Concourse XL
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,497
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodokk View Post
I've been trying to get the furnace to light, but to no avail. The blower starts but blows cold air. I attempted about 5 or 6 times, now the blower doesn't even start up anymore. I checked fuses at the Univolt, and all are good. The book doesn't state there are any furnace fuses in the fuse box up front, so what do I do?
Use a voltmeter to make sure that a good looking fuse, is indeed good.

You could also have a thermostat problem.

Andy
__________________
Andy Rogozinski
Inland RV Center
Corona, CA
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Astrodokk's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 620
Images: 4
It's not a trailer...see my avatar and signature.

Voltmeter at the fuse, but I don't know where the fuse is! The thermostat clicks like before.
__________________
2000 Ford E-350 Super Duty 418ci/6.8L Triton V10 21í Chinook Concourse XL
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,497
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodokk View Post
It's not a trailer...see my avatar and signature.

Voltmeter at the fuse, but I don't know where the fuse is! The thermostat clicks like before.
The fuses should be near the Univolt. As I recall the Univolt is under one of the dinette benches.

Take the cover off the thermostat and observe that the contacts are working correctly.

Andy
__________________
Andy Rogozinski
Inland RV Center
Corona, CA
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
overlander63's Avatar
 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,252
Could be a bad sail switch, or the igniter board may be bad.
__________________
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Astrodokk's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 620
Images: 4
The univolt is under one of the rear twin beds midship, on the passenger side. No other fuse boxes under there except for the univolt ones (six of them). I'll check with a meter and also will take the stat cover off to observe.
Where would the sail switch or igniter board be in a motorhome ('79/'81)? The Suburban furnace is under the galley sink. I see a couple of thermcouple looking wires in there that look good and very clean, but no board.
If I can't troubleshoot this, I'll be taking it to my local RV place to fix. I need heat this winter on my usual treks. I nearly froze a few years ago at the foot of Mt Shasta!
__________________
2000 Ford E-350 Super Duty 418ci/6.8L Triton V10 21í Chinook Concourse XL
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,497
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodokk View Post
The univolt is under one of the rear twin beds midship, on the passenger side. No other fuse boxes under there except for the univolt ones (six of them). I'll check with a meter and also will take the stat cover off to observe.
Where would the sail switch or igniter board be in a motorhome ('79/'81)? The Suburban furnace is under the galley sink. I see a couple of thermcouple looking wires in there that look good and very clean, but no board.
If I can't troubleshoot this, I'll be taking it to my local RV place to fix. I need heat this winter on my usual treks. I nearly froze a few years ago at the foot of Mt Shasta!

The sail switch and ignitor are parts of the furnace.

Andy
__________________
Andy Rogozinski
Inland RV Center
Corona, CA
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
Rivet Master
 
Mike Leary's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,649
Images: 4
If it's the board, and I bet it is, have them replace it with a "Dinosaur". Something a pro should handle.

Dinosaur Electronics Home. High quality circuit boards for RV appliances.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuse Box TShepherd Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 2 01-27-2008 04:53 PM
fuse help !!!! Shellie Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 3 05-17-2006 06:24 PM
Fuse Box?? dye904 Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 4 10-27-2005 12:48 PM
Brake fuse Over59 Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 44 02-13-2005 06:18 PM
Fuse panel bluebonnet Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 7 08-15-2004 10:42 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.