Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Night Under Fire - Summit Raceway, Norwalk Ohio Aug 8-10

Are you looking for something a little different this year?

On the weekend of August 8-10, NOVA is hosting a buddy rally at the Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio for the “Night under Fire” show.

Although this facility is very well known for the drag racing, this show is much more than that. The entertainment is great, loud, and family friendly. Where else can you buy ice cream for $1 per pound?!

Instead of me trying to describe the event, I invite you to check out their website.

http://summitmotorsportspark.com/ind...2/-/-?Itemid=1

I’ll just put in my opinion that this really is a fun show regardless if you are “into cars” or not. Consider it more of a circus than a drag race!

Here is last year’s commercial:

Now some details:

-This is a WBCCI “buddy rally”. EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to attend.

-The rally will be Friday, August 8, 2014 thru Sunday, August 10, 2014. Early arrival and late stay are not possible. There are plenty of campgrounds nearby.

-The rally is in Norwalk Ohio which is about a half hour south of Cedar Point and Lake Erie near the Turnpike. Norwalk is 2 hours from Jackson Center if you feel the need for a visit! Cleveland and the Lake Erie Islands are about an hour away.

- We will be parked in a somewhat secluded area of a grass parking lot. This is boondocking.

- Generators will be permitted, but please be courteous. Don’t bring your Harbor Freight 10,000 watt genny and expect to run it all night under my open window. Small Hondas and other “quiet” units should be fine.

- I’m trying to get a portajohn for our exclusive use, but this is not guaranteed. Facilities won’t be too far away. Come with your freshwater tank full and waste tanks empty.

-Everyone attending needs to purchase an event ticket. These range from kids at $15 to $50 for adults. For millionaire Airstream owners, a $199 ticket including all you can eat and drink and a massage from John Force can also be bought! NOVA will have a block of $40 seats in a “corporate” seating section which is very nice.

- NOVA is sponsoring this rally. There is no rally fee or camping fee. Note this is a $50 savings. Also note that other RV spots have been sold out for a long time.

-This is a WBCCI “buddy” rally. All are invited to attend. Our NOVA members might have our flags flying. We will probably give you a card, a flyer, and an invitation to join. That’s probably all the WBCCI activity you will see all weekend unless you ask. We are more likely to give you a hot dog and share a beer or Pepsi.

Please shoot me an email or PM to dan@bihary.com with any questions. I’m still working out exactly how we are to request the blocked seating and ticking. Once instructions are provided to me, I’ll post them here.

Until then, Save the Date!
-DanB
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Sounds like a fun time. Night under fire is always a show!!