Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #61
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
thats cool iam going to still wait, five bucks isnt just five bucks any more it damn near a gallon o gas but thanks for the offer.
besides the way things are bounceing around for me right now i really cant schedule anything more then a week out
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #62

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by osolow
thats cool iam going to still wait, five bucks isnt just five bucks any more it damn near a gallon o gas but thanks for the offer.
besides the way things are bounceing around for me right now i really cant schedule anything more then a week out
Just understand that this park is within 50-60 miles of most of the metropolitan St. Louis area. It's a busy active campground so your chance of getting a spot a week before the event is going to be pretty slim.

With gas being so high a lot of folks will be attempting to minimize their drive. These close in campgrounds will probably have one of their best seasons ever.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jack,

I know I posted on your M.V. thread, but I wish I could be there to give a shout out about the rally myself. Alas I will be suffering in Arkansas with no Airstream in sight. Enough of this...it's our 5th wedding anniversary tonight, and we won't get to celebrate next year. Off to dinner!!!

Later everyone.

Steve
Old 05-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Jack,

I know I posted on your M.V. thread, but I wish I could be there to give a shout out about the rally myself. Alas I will be suffering in Arkansas with no Airstream in sight. Enough of this...it's our 5th wedding anniversary tonight, and we won't get to celebrate next year. Off to dinner!!!

Later everyone.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Happy anniversary to you and Amy!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
St Charles , Missouri
I just made my reservation and got the last full hook-up in site #2. We look forward to meeting everyone.
Air Hamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Vaughn....thank you. I was gone for two of these last five years, and start the next five away again. We'll make it throught it.....we wouldn't be able to decide a custody battle over the Airstream Anyhow.

Greetings Air Hamel, and welcome to the forums. You are really close to where I live. I have some parts from my old 68 that you may need for your trailer, so let me know if you are looking for anything.

Steve
Old 05-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #67
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
looks like i might be headed for tenn that mounth some time i dont know the exact dates. but if things work out i might be able to ride in on the bike, but it looks like spending the weekend up there might be out.
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Happy Anniversary Steve and Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the 5 years, and here's hoping for about 75 more!

Happiness and hugs to both of you, and to the Coll-Monster, of course.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 AM   #69
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Happy Anniversary Steve and Amy,
James and I had our 40th May 11, WOW how time flies. We spent the weekend working on the A/S. James has removed enough copper pipes we can sale and go to Red Lobster for dinner. HEE HEE He is puttin in Pex front to back, that should lighten up the load. I painted the inside of the med cabinet and the ceiling in the bathroom. Here is my two cents on TUBBY brand and Tub & Tile from Lowe's. Tubby is twice as expensive $75.00 much as Tub & Tile $29.00. BUT, I think TUBBY goes on better and looks stronger. Tub & Tile is very thin liquid (lots of drip).
I put in the insullation James musseled the inside skin behind the plumbing pipes and we rivited the curb side down and the back skin over the back compartment. James wants to put a plug outlet on the outside instead of having that big black electrical cord hanging out the back. Being we have the inside skin off and the braker box is loose he can do it now. Then when the last skin is attached we can start puting in all the ABS bathroom plastic. Raining cats and dog here today.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #70
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Thanks for everyone who wished us a happy Anniversary.
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
First Rally

We are still relative newbies, having only owned our Argosy for two months, and we are excited to be attending this rally, which will be our first. And since it is our first, what do we expect? I know all of the rallies would have different agendas,with the basic premise a big group campout, but other than a pot luck dinner at some point, what goes on at a rally? Will there be vendors showing up, (sort of like a rock swap where some people bring things top swap or sell) or.....not? This inquiring mind wishes to know!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #72
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Good questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora
And since it is our first, what do we expect? I know all of the rallies would have different agendas,with the basic premise a big group campout, but other than a pot luck dinner at some point, what goes on at a rally? Will there be vendors showing up, (sort of like a rock swap where some people bring things top swap or sell) or.....not? This inquiring mind wishes to know!
These are great questions. For started, I would encourage you to view both Branson threads from October 2007, and April 2008. These threads have alot of pictures, and descriptions of what happened over the rally. In October we had several of us who were musicians (Airhog1, Jaxon, Artstream, and myself), and we had ourselves a good ole jamboree. We usually have potlucks, and trailer tours for the willing participants on Saturday. Most of the time people walk around looking at the other trailers, talking with their Airforum brethren, or relaxing. There is fishing right there at the State Park, and we can put together some activities for those interested (Badminton Anyone? :P). Evening firesides are common, and we even had a movie night last October. This rally we are going to award a trailer for the most patriotic trailer (A nice flag holder from Rob Baker on the forums). Bring your washers set or Cornhole game if ya wish. The best part is that there isn't any mandatory set schedule. There are no vendors planning on making the trip. I have invited Airhog1, but have not heard from him since booking the rally.

Interest peaked a week after the rally was announced, but I still want to encourage anyone interested to get a site in Section 2 of the park. The park is filling up quickly since it is relatively close to the St. Louis area, and people are not wanting to travel as far with gas prices this high.

Hope this helps in any way....and if you have a suggestion for an activity, please let it be known.

Steve
Old 05-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #73
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Cool! Can't wait! Sounds like my kind of party!

It is only June and the rally is not until August, lots of time to pick up more sign-ups if there is still space left.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:20 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Looking forward to rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora
Cool! Can't wait! Sounds like my kind of party!

It is only June and the rally is not until August, lots of time to pick up more sign-ups if there is still space left.
We're looking forward to the August rally. The Branson Rally this spring was our first rally and we really enjoyed meeting everyone. Soldiermedic had just the right mix of structured and unstructured events for the gathering. Some of the same folks will be at Moraine View in a couple of weeks. We're looking forward to seeing them again. We'll miss seeing soldiermedic and his family at Moraine View so we're glad for this Silver, Stars and Stripes opportunity to wish them well as he leaves for his next duty assignment.

Some of us stayed over one additional night in Branson and enjoyed a wonderful impromptu campfire hosted by forum member NORD and his wife. They hauled lots of firewood up from the woods for us to enjoy a warm campfire on a very chilly evening. (It was ok to bring up the wood from the campground.)

Looking forward to Silver, Stars, and Stripes!

Nancy (mrs. maccamper)
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Well. . .we're gonna to try this again!

Well. . .we're gonna try this again!

3's a charm they say. (Every time I say "They" it reminds me of a guy in Branson that had his name leagally changed to "They" so now when anyone ask you "who's they?" you can say. . .that guy from Branson!

ANYWAY.

Jack and I have booked our spot at Meramec State Park. It will be our 1st time at a Rally although we have booked 2 in the past and not been able to attend. The 1st Branson Rally we missed was in September of 07. Jacks Mother passed away in American Samoa so we flew there for the funeral. The 2nd Rally we missed was this April we again had our spot all reserved and Jack had to have a total hip replacment. Hopefully we will make Meramec!

Did I mention our AS is completely stripped down to the rear bath? We layed Pergo floor and are repairing some plumbing then its on to the cabinets, wrap around couch/table thingy and beds. Any extra positive energy you might have could be sent our way . . .please.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Kani,

Are you keeping your repair blog update so we can all see the work? Let's hope you can finally make this one!!!!

Steve
Old 06-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #77
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Regina and I won't be making this rally, thus ending our chance for the perfect attendance award.

We will be taking the AS up to Fairfield, Iowa at the end of this month to visit her father's family...mainly nieces and nephews because everyone else is dead. That didn't come out right. Regina's father's brothers and sisters have all passed away (they all lived long and happy lives) and we are going up to visit her cousins who live and farm around Fairfield, the old family stomping grounds.

My neighbor and I drove out to Denver Colorado to pick up a 1947 Jeep I bought, complete with snowplow. I made a very good buy on the jeep. The price of the gasoline to go get the Jeep and come back to Springfield cost more than what I paid for the Jeep. The old Suburban ran well, but that 454 sure sucks gas! We ran into hail and strong winds in western Kansas and eastern Colorado. busplunge: We're Back WIth The Only Pictures We Took On The Trip

We know you all will have fun in August!

Jim and Regina
Springfield, MO

ps. Nothing has been done to the trailer since Branson this Spring when Regina put the chicken on the awning support rod so we wouldn't bang our heads. Like CJ, we too have red and blue pex, and white bathroom cabinet. It looks pretty and is patriotic to boot!
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:05 AM   #78
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Jim and Regina,

James got the idea from you guys for the red, white & Blue pex. It sure looks better that that copper stuff. He sure was saying a few choice words this weekend. He has had to re-do the pvc piping twice. James is rerouting the pvc he seem to think it will work better, I am sure it is a guy thing. Needless to say as of 6pm Sunday it was saying a few choice words when the tub wouldn't go into place. See I am a quilder I would have dry fitted everything and then placed the tub in to make sure everything fits correctly. Well guess what it is all glued in and WRONG. It is raining cats and dogs here today so he will probably get a break. As soon as James gets the plumbing in I get to put in all the ABS bathroom stuff. Beings I was the one who tore it out and he doesn't have a clue how to put it back.

Really James had done a great job in the plumbing I am really proud of him. We are putting in a small gray tank (as the 69's don't have one) for the kitchen sink, we will also have a blue boy if needed.

Sorry you guys won't make it this trip. I sure wanted you to see our trailer all done and decked out. Guess you will have to wait for the photos.

CJ
AIR #18751
Old 06-25-2008, 06:06 AM   #79
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
The bathroom is in, plumbing is done. James tested for leaks found one under the kitchen sink (fixed). Now my job is putting back in the the closet over the hotwater tank and the clothes closet next to it. James gets to put the belly skin back on. Then to clean up the inside from a year of dust and dirt. We will be ready for the Stars and strip rally.
AIR #18751
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #80
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
CJ--you have motivated me through your posts to get in gear and finish our 31' Sovereign and I am proud to say, after a year and a half, IT IS FINISHED!

Well, I still need to put in the spice rack and a couple of vent covers and hook up the thermostats, but other than that, It is finished.

Regina and I are leaving tomorrow for Fairfield, Iowa. I know, I was cutting it close, but I work better under pressure!

I will get pixs up soon.

I told Regina I would finish the trailer before I started on my new Jeep. It's a 1947 CJ2A, I went out to Denver and got it. It cost as much to go get it as I paid for it, but I made a heck of deal. Dang, another project!

Jim
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip