Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
I was curious whether the Ohioans will be having a caravan going over to the "Rally"?

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I think I'll be leaving Lorain about 6:30 p.m. Thursday night after work. I think many folks are leaving before me.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
We will be leaving from southern Lorain County Thursday afternoon if all goes well. Probably around 330.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Us too

We will be traveling with Loren and Mike (Airbiscuit). Don't remember where you are in Ohio, Deb. But you are welcome to join us if you are in our direction.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi Dan, Loren, and Lou.

We had thought about leaving in the am, but we weren't certain how long it would take to get there, we were guessing five hours from our home.

We're approx. 2hrs. south of Medina, in Central Ohio. We'd love to join up with you all; we've not been to Pennwood before, so we don't know where we're going really. Just let us know when and where to meet you, and we'll be there. We'll come up I-71, getting on at Mansfield.

If you're in southern Lorain Cty, we must have been close to you yesterday. We drove up to Findley SP to check it out (we've not been there before) as we want to camp there this Fall and wanted to have an idea of which sites are good for us. While there, I talked with them about the Venison Chili cookoff to see if they sell out on electric sites that weekend, and they said not normally. We may try to make it, but my DH is starting a special project on 10/16 which will run for a month or so and we don't know if we'll be able to get away for a weekend or not.

I'll PM Lou and Loren our cell number when it gets closer to time so at least you can call us if there's a problem. Do you all have cb's in your tvs? Just wondering. If so, we do and can communicate while driving that way if you like.

Thanks so much to you all for responding and for allowing us to tag along.
I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to this rally!

Deb
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Hi Deb! We host our annual anniversary rally there (findley sp) with the venison cook off and they do local sales for me so i can reserve sites. (They are about 15 min. From our house)
We have a cb... somewhere which we can work on getting set up for the caravan. Looking forward to meeting you and hope we can make it all work!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Just checking, is there a sign-up page? I realize you are not calling it a rally this year, but I didn't want to miss signing up if there was a location for that.

Thanks.

Deb
Old 09-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
You just call the park number. If you don't get a person leave your name and number and they will call you back.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Thanks Lou. I did that the other day, so I guess we're good to go.

I had forgotten to sign up on the RSVP list for the Highland Haven Rally in Virginia coming up in September, so I was concerned that I may have overlooked one for this also.

Deb
Old 09-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Holiday weekend

I imagine the place is really busy for their rally is there this weekend. Everyone is probably bopping around doing chores and having a good time. If you don't hear anything back next week, I would call again and maybe PM Jason and see if there is anything else you should do.

Hope you are having a great weekend. We are at home. Enjoyed a nice weenie "roast" with family this evening. Larry had a nice campfire all set to go, but it was so hot and humid that we ended up in the ACd house instead. Hope everyone is having fun wherever you are.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member

We have the rally field totally booked for this year's non-rally. There will be lots of shiny aluminum, smiling faces, campfires, nightly happy hours and of course the Clarion Autumn Leaf Festival. We look forward to seeing you here in just under one month!
Clarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

I hope everyone is as excited about coming to Penn Wood as we are to have you here. It has been a very busy week. We had two caravans and several individuals come through headed to Sugar Creek, Ohio for the 50th Annual Swiss Festival. The leaves are starting to turn colors, here in Western PA and they should peak during the Clarion Autumn Leaf Festival which starts September 29th. We are looking forward to seeing everyone here October 4-7, if you are able, please feel free to come early. See you here!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
I don't know about everyone else, but I know we are very excited about our first time at Penn Wood! We went last weekend to Virginia Highland Haven for our first rally and had a great time.

You mentioned two caravans which stopped by Penn Wood and were heading toward Sugar Creek, I take it Ohio..............my daughter called me yesterday, was very excited, and said there were about 50 Airstreams at the Velvet Ice Cream plant in Utica, OH (she pulled over to count them). Do you think they might have been one of the caravans which stopped by Penn Wood? Wow, Utica is very small and that is wonderful that they stopped by -- I almost jumped in my car to drive there to talk with them, we live about five minutes away, but I was afraid they'd think I was nutty.

Deb
Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
We are looking forward to this trip, just relaxing and a few repairs to the AS after the NJ State Rally last week. Hope to arrive PM Friday Sept. 28. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
We are looking forward to it and hope to have biscuit put back together and functioning after a forced remodel! (Darn old fridges that decide to up and quit working after 34 years of faithful service)
Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #56
2 Rivet Member

Just a few more days until the fun begins. We are already getting visitors in. We have designated Saturday night as pot luck dinner night. Everyone who wishes to participate please bring a dish. See you soon!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #57
mpl
The Crippled Lion

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Cogan Station , Pennsylvania
We're looking forward to the non-Rally too!

Question; what is your policy on campfires & bringing in our own firewood (cut in PA)?
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

We are looking forward to meeting you as well mpl. As for your question, first, there is no place to build individual campfires on the rally field. Second, due to the threat of the emerald ash borer we ask that you please do not bring in any outside firewood. We have a large pile of firewood that was harvested on the property and there is more than enough for a large fire every evening in the community fire pit. Thank you for asking first and we will see you in a couple of days
Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #59
mpl
The Crippled Lion

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Cogan Station , Pennsylvania
Outstanding! Thanks for the reply. I though it better to ask first.
We'll see you Thursday night!
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Well, it is Sunday afternoon and just about left here all alone at Pennwood. It was a great non-rally rally with a great bunch of Airstreamers of all ages and a great potluck. Hate to do it but will be leaving this great place Monday AM. Hope to meet you all down the road again. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote