Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Chicago Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
I can see clearly that cabin fever has infected some of us more than others!
Cabin Fever is taking too long to go away! I am suffering!

This winter is either longer than usual, or I'm OLDER than usual.. naw, it can't be the latter.......
Old 03-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #142
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
But Ron, that's MY vintage--the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkle, take me awayyyyyyyy! And Gypsies in the palace. . .I LOVE IT!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #143
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Question

You people definitely need help & soon . Perhaps a quiet week-end away ?
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
Old 03-17-2005, 02:16 AM   #144
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Dear A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.E. Milliman
You people definitely need help & soon . Perhaps a quiet week-end away ?
Best,
We KNOW THAT WE NEED HELP>>>>>..... in the form of a big aluminum capsule that the doc has told us to take regularly...!!!!!!!

R
Old 03-17-2005, 07:09 AM   #145
3 Rivet Member

Dear Tin Can Luv, (and everyone we met last year at 2004 rally)

I know of two little girls who ask about you guys...

Our AS is at the mothership at JC getting some construction issues ironed out. Also, they are still looking for the brake problem outlined in another thread...The brakes work 99% of the time...with the other 1% causing me mucho stress.

We have not been posting much -- we were hit head-on with some good and bad things last year after the rally. Chandra (the oldest) tried out for one of the top area soccer teams, and made it. That turned out to be a major commitment similar to training for the Olympics in gymnastics (I jest, somewhat). She has become quite a player, playing center-midfield despite her size -- she makes up for it with quickness, and guile. She draws a lot of fouls because she can blow by her opponents and they clip her when she beats them...

The younger one (Kira) has been in kindergarden. She has grown a lot, and misses her friends from the Rally...and goes nuts whenever we see a flamingo anything...

We have a tournement and 2005-2006 tryouts the week of the Rally, so we will regretfully not make it this year. They grow up fast...

Sara's mom has required a lot of care, so we got spread too thin for camping after last August. Things are better, so we hope to be less incognito this spring...

They rally was a highlight trip for us last year -- I am glad we went, and encourage anyone who has not gone to go -- it is worth it!

-Rob and Sara and CJ and KJ...
Old 03-17-2005, 08:08 AM   #146

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Nice words Rob. Our best to your family and Sara's mom.

To the other folks out there, this is our third rally and yes for a lot of us it will be our third year of attendance. Please be aware that obviously if you are new with your Airstream or just haven't been to a rally before, please consider attending. While the chatter sounds like its old home week, you won't be ignored by those of us who have been here before. Last year brought about a big influx of new attendees and while the dates aren't condusive to some of the folks who have been there in the past, there will be plenty of room and opportunity for others to take their place.

The big thing to remember is to not wait till the last minute to make your reservations. The park will honor requests from others outside our group, and we so much want you to be able to have an Airstream Forums buddy on each side of your site. So maybe take the time this weekend to fill out the reservation form and get your site assigned. As Hohne noted above it was a highlight trip of his last year and hopefully it will be for you.

For those of you reading these posts from the bottom, check out post #39 on page 2 of this thread for the information and links to the reservation forms and pictures.

If you have sent in a reservation and haven't posted that fact, let me know. I'll add you to the maybe list. Once you get your site I'll add you to the final numbers.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 03-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #147
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I wholeheartedly agree. This is not a stale pomp and circumstance type rally. It's really, really fun.

I recall the first year, I had come across this site and Jack suggested that we do a rally. This was back in January of 2003. So the plan was for June and it came faster than one could ever think possible. So the Friday of the rally, we left after work. We got there after dark and if you are going for the first time, or are new to RVing, definitely try to plan to get there before dark.

So anyway, we get to the gate or the park and it's really a wooded dark road...I recall Brandi saying, wow this is really cool, but the road into the park is long...she then said, where again did you meet these people....the Internet, I said and we both looked at each other and got a bit nervous.

Well, we got setup with the help of a few people and I have to say, we've met some great people whom I consider friends along the way, which I never thought would have happened.

There are only a few things that would stop us from being able to attend, one is our wedding, otherwise we'd be there again in a heartbeat to see the new faces and see our dear friends again.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #148
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
As a tear falls down my cheek....

WHat wonderful words. I'm so VERY sad that we won't be able to see some of you this year. While Airstreaming, you quickly meet an extended family. Those of you who can not attend, you will be missed.

I did just recieve confirmation.... the excitement of getting the official document in the mail.

I am at P48

I'll be there come hell or high water. It's the weekend before my 30th birthday. My parents asked about what I would want to do for my 30th, and I explained I would be with you all.... My mom wants to come up and throw my party at Moraine View.... I can't think of a better group of people to be with, if you all find that it would be alright for them to do so.

Cant' wait!!!!

Ron
Old 03-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #149
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
We Moms

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
]

I am at P48

I'll be there come hell or high water. It's the weekend before my 30th birthday. My parents asked about what I would want to do for my 30th, and I explained I would be with you all.... My mom wants to come up and throw my party at Moraine View.... I can't think of a better group of people to be with, if you all find that it would be alright for them to do so.

Cant' wait!!!!

Ron

Oh, I can't WAIT to meet your Mom.
We Moms stick together; we have our own network.

Do I have some stories for her!

Maybe I'll tell her what you did on Pike's Peak last summer.
That may not work, because you could incriminate ME, I guess.

Seriously, I am glad you got a campsite and are going to be there.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #150
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Well, looks like you've found your theme: Ron's 30th Bday PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remembering last summer's rally, I trust you'll all be able to run with that for the whole weekend I'll miss it, Ron, so Happy Birthday in advance!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 03-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #151

Fenton , Missouri
Well we picked up another attendee who let me know via private email. I'll count them in the count but they would rather stay out of the public post at this point.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 03-18-2005, 03:42 PM   #152

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Well, we got setup with the help of a few people and I have to say, we've met some great people whom I consider friends along the way, which I never thought would have happened.

And lots of help is there. If you get there in the dark, we will help you get backed into your site. If you can't seem to get your trailer door closed easily, we will help you back off that stabilizer, right Twink?

There will be a school of hard knocks where those of us with a few years under our belts will pass on some of the lessons we learned.....the hard way.

And likewise to Eric's last comment, we made a lot of new friends and got to put faces with the forum handles. Who would have guessed this?

I remember buying our first Airstream and doing my research on the Internet prior to this forum coming to be. I told Patty one evening after finishing a session on our PC, "You know, we just aren't buying another trailer....this Airstream thing is much bigger than that". I don't believe at the time she knew what I meant.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 03-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #153
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Well we picked up another attendee who let me know via private email. I'll count them in the count but they would rather stay out of the public post at this point.

Regards,

Jack

How curious! Is this a mystery we can solve? Do we get a hint?

Cool Cool Cool I love mysteries :-)
Old 03-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #154

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
How curious! Is this a mystery we can solve? Do we get a hint?

Cool Cool Cool I love mysteries :-)
Nope! No mystery, no hints. Sorry.
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 03-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #155
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
curiosity killed the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Nope! No mystery, no hints. Sorry.
Well, Jack, it certainly IS a mystery, even if there are no clues.

Is it a well-known person?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:55 PM   #156
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
Well, Jack, it certainly IS a mystery, even if there are no clues.

Is it a well-known person?
Isn't asking if it is a well known person asking for a clue/hint?
AIR 7185
Old 03-19-2005, 07:00 AM   #157
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle313
Isn't asking if it is a well known person asking for a clue/hint?
Of COURSE it is. But isn't anyone else curious?

Jack dangles this little tidbit in front of a stir-crazy, sick and tired of winter person, and I'm not supposed to be curious??
Old 03-19-2005, 07:28 AM   #158
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Thumbs up Rally Protocol

[QUOTE=Silvertwinkie]I wholeheartedly agree. This is not a stale pomp and circumstance type rally. It's really, really fun.

Since this will be our first rally...what are they like? I'm assuming it is informal gatherings...maybe around a campfire or two. It looks from the pictures that there is at least one potluck style meal. Can someone please offer an idea of what to expect? I assume there is something like a walk-through of everyone's Airstream. What else do we need to know?

Randi
AIR 7185
Old 03-19-2005, 08:06 AM   #159

Fenton , Missouri
[QUOTE=redeagle313]
Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree. This is not a stale pomp and circumstance type rally. It's really, really fun.

Since this will be our first rally...what are they like? I'm assuming it is informal gatherings...maybe around a campfire or two. It looks from the pictures that there is at least one potluck style meal. Can someone please offer an idea of what to expect? I assume there is something like a walk-through of everyone's Airstream. What else do we need to know?

Randi
Since we really only have a weekend there isn't a big agenda. This year I'm hoping to see if we can have a movie on Friday night at a campsite. Saturday you can go around and meet your fellow forum buddies in the AM (now remember some of us sleep in ), after lunch its trailer tour time and those who want can open up their units for tours. Saturday just after 6PM we will do a potluck and after cleanup its campfire time. Sunday, more time to visit and see trailers and usually by noon many have departed or will be soon on their way.

The campground has a playground for the kids, a bath house and a lake, although no swimming was allowed last year (I don't know why).

That's pretty much all the formality. I usually make sure I stop by and say hi to everyone, and will be taking pictures of people and trailers. If you are new to Airstreams there will be lots of folks to ask questions of. Maybe someone needs a hand with a repair, just ask.

The park is very nice and quiet, well off the beaten path. Lots of looks from other campers at all the Airstreams as they do their evening walks. The park is dog and kid friendly.

We have had some giveaways and other surprises so we will see what happens there. Oh, and those of you who were last year's attendees, be sure to bring your site signs that Zamboni so graciously supplied last year.....you do need to change the 2004 to 2005. I'll have to head out to H.D. and pick up a matching number.

Our first trip is in 3 weeks to a unit rally up in Springfield Ill. The Classic will come home in 2 weeks to get dewinterized and Walbernized. Wow, June will be here before you know it!

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 03-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #160
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Rallies

[QUOTE=redeagle313]
Quote:

Randi

All kidding aside, you are LUCKY to have this rally be your first.

We have done a forum rally (although last year we missed this one because of repairs on our unit) and we have done two WBCCI rallies.

They are both fun, and both VERY different.

What is the most fun of ALL to me, however, is staying at Forest Preserves vs. busy campgrounds. I say this because my children are grown,a nd now it's just nme, my hubby and our two weird little dogs. (note: dogs must be watched VERY closely and kept on leash, for their own protection. Who knows what size critter might be in that bunch of trees at the forest preserve?)

There's nothing like falling asleep listening to a hoot owl.. and watching bats swoop!

Now, if you have kids, you might opt for the busy campground!
Closed Thread