Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
WBCCI Full-Timers Intraclub

What ever happened to the WBCCI Full-Timers Intraclub? I was stumbling around the internet and I came across this link and checked around a little more and it would appear that this is no longer an intraclub. But I can't understand why it isn't...
With the prevalence of full timers and presumably many of them WBCCI members AND with the availability of intranet in so many locations (allowing for this community to stay connected) it seems a natural that the WBCCI Full-Timers Intraclub should be alive and doing quite well...
Does anybody have any history on this and what happened to them? Are they still around?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
One problem that would have to be solved if Regions were merged, is the expectation that Region Officers attend so many Unit, State, and Special Event Rallies in their Regions. As the geographic area increases, the number of people potentially willing to come forward to serve (and travel so much further) may actually decrease. I think smaller Regions makes it more likely that reluctant people will serve in a pinch (like happened in Region 4 this year). If the area is larger, that may not happen.

And quite frankly, I don't see why Region offices are 2 years each, when Unit and International offices are 1 year each. I think this is a deterrent to people coming forward as well. A six year committment is significant.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
orlando , New Mexico, Utah, Colorado
Hey Bum`As a new member, coud you explain how the budget is affected by having more regions? I have seen many posts stating that the extra regionns are a financial burden, but don't know to what extent they are,or any estimations on savings if regions were to be combined. I'm not pro or con anything, just curious how much this really impacts.

There are a lot of things that we, as individual members could do. I like the idea of a full timers intra club, but even though I am full time, I am "home" a few weeks out of the year. Time is hard to budget. For example, I registered the URL wbcci.us is under construction and was going to purchase 5 mailboxes on a hosted MS Exchange Server. I wanted to see if there would be interest in "corporate quality" secure email, and a means to exchange information with shared folders with the Outlook client, but there was 0 interest, even free of costs to anyone that wanted to try to make a go at it. The site and my costs for the mailboxs was going to run about USD200 a month for a year, plus my time to develope the site, contents, try to get some sponsors, software purchase costs, etc.

I still own the URL, MS Web Expessions and the other stuff I need to create the site are ready, maybe I'll revisit it later if there is an interest. It was for fun, not a profit. I think we are all to busy to have fun?

Cheers~michael

WBCCI #3841
jacarape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Post one yr vs two yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
One problem that would have to be solved if Regions were merged, is the expectation that Region Officers attend so many Unit, State, and Special Event Rallies in their Regions. As the geographic area increases, the number of people potentially willing to come forward to serve (and travel so much further) may actually decrease. I think smaller Regions makes it more likely that reluctant people will serve in a pinch (like happened in Region 4 this year). If the area is larger, that may not happen.

And quite frankly, I don't see why Region offices are 2 years each, when Unit and International offices are 1 year each. I think this is a deterrent to people coming forward as well. A six year committment is significant.
Several years ago there was a proposal to merge several regions. I forget who was IP at the time, but that was one occasion when there was an effort to do something IMHO which would benefit the club. However, as I recall the membership voted this effort down. I suspect the sentiment I heard most at the time was the reason, that being the Regions would be too large creating a longer distance to travel to the Region rally. Probably the thought of Region Officer travel also entered into that. Some also did not want to lose their Region's identity.

I wonder if we would really miss a few of those region officer visits. In this day and age and with financial problems galore, they could get a lot of their input from email in lieu of face to face visits. Besides very little of the input goes any farther than that visit unless it is in support of their agenda.

There also has been an effort in the past to reduce region office terms to one year instead of two. This one I believe was killed by IBT, but I don't recall their rationale. I agree it is a deterrent to getting officers to serve. Six years is a long committment.

Classic Airstreams put the silver in silver city
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Unhappy demise of the FTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
It's a trend that's starting with both Intraclubs and Regions. The full timers club disbanded this year in Perry. It was due to nothing more than a lack of volunteers willing to come forward and serve as officers. Poof -- no more Full Timers Intraclub.

The Full timers club -- just a preview of future much needed events...
__
As a former member of the Full Timers Club I can say that they used to have a very informative newsletter. That was probably our number one reason for joining them years ago, and until two months ago we were actually full timers in the strictest sense - no other home. We saw the newsletter decline in frequency and quality as the numbers declined. Before you ask why we did not jump in and try to save the club, I was involved with a unit and another intra-club and doing both newsletters at the time. The FTC tried to boost membership by selling it as a state of mind (not a bad idea IMHO), so you could be on the road only a week or two a year and still think like a full timer and thus be eligible for membership, but even this could not save the FTC. Ultimately the lack of members willing to serve as officers was the straw that broke the proverbial camels back.

Classic Airstreams put the silver in silver city
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote