Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Fold up counter extension

I just got my 2005 25' CCD. It doesn't have the fold up counter extension to the left of the stove like I have seen in all the picures and trailers I looked at while shopping. My dealer says he thought the counter extension was discontinued in 2005. Does anyone have the same model with a counter extension?
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Hi Cam,

I went to the Airstream web site, and I looked at the virtual tour of the inside of a 2005 25' CCD....it appears to be there!

http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...d25_vtour.html

I assumed they had fixed that for you when you stopped by!

Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 11-29-2004, 05:48 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
I suggest calling the Airstream
factory directly. They can tell you if they inadvertently left the counter extension off, and send one to you or your dealer if that was the case.

When I got my 2004 Classic this past spring they apparently forgot to install a magazine rack in mine. My dealer wasn't very helpful, so I contacted the factory myself and they sent one to me - it took several months to get it, but better than not getting one at all.

Airstream isn't very careful with their advertising, IMO, and just because it's in their pictures or literature doesn't always mean they intend to include it. For example, for the past several (or more years) they list brass bathroom fixtures as one the upgrades included in the "Limited" option package on the Classic models. However, when I purchased this upgrade for my trialer, I discovered the bathroom fixtures were a combination of brass, chrome and plastic, and was told that's what they always install - not very truthful advertising.

John
Old 11-29-2004, 08:05 AM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Limited extensions

A friend with a 2004 30 Limited has had unending grief with the Corian counter extension. It is so heavy that it has broken or deformed the hinges several times in the last year. After having the hinges replaced several times at the dealer, he finally removed the extension all together.

That said, I have had no problem with the wood extension in my 2003 Classic. It is the place the 2-cup coffee maker resides when we are tied up.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road
Does anyone have the same model with a counter extension?
I have a 25' 2005 CCD (mfrd 08/2004) and it does have the counter extension next to the stove.

- Jill
halobender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:26 AM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5
Hi Cam,

I went to the Airstream web site, and I looked at the virtual tour of the inside of a 2005 25' CCD....it appears to be there!

http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...d25_vtour.html

I assumed they had fixed that for you when you stopped by!

Dee
Note that Airstream does not always update their interior pictures each model year. The virtual tour for the 30ft slide out was a 2003 model until not too long ago. Right now it shows the 2004 slide out. Usually the appliances or counter tops are the give away that the picture is dated.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Note that Airstream does not always update their interior pictures each model year. The virtual tour for the 30ft slide out was a 2003 model until not too long ago. Right now it shows the 2004 slide out. Usually the appliances or counter tops are the give away that the picture is dated.
Point well taken!!!

I think I would do a combination of things, if I felt I was not being treated fairly: (1) check the web site info, (2) call Airstream, and (3) take a walk through some of the "models" on-site at the dealer, and see if any of those CCD's happen to have the counter extension. It's pretty difficult to argue with the last one, when your trailer is brand new...

Case in point: While at the Nor-Cal Laguna Seca Forums Rally, I was admiring Big Dee's screen door cover/protector...I figured he had purchased it after the fact (since he has two dogs), but he said that it came with his trailer (same year/model as mine). It turned out that the factory had neglected to install it...if I didn't have a dog, whose middle name is "Impatience," this would not be important to me! The shop guys and my husband actually toured the same model trailer to see if they all came with this item, and they sure enough did.

If it's important to you, Cam, go for it!

The "other" Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 11-29-2004, 01:52 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
We have the 2004 International 28'. The virtual tour shows the refrigerator with a microwave to the right of the sink. Ours is to the left of the sink and no microwave. The pictures haven't changed since at least last December when we started looking at Airstreams.

I beleive they may have posted pictures of 'prototypes' and not necessarily production models.

Dennis
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:16 PM   #9
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Prototypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini
I beleive they may have posted pictures of 'prototypes' and not necessarily production models.
Dennis
When I had the International AS, the web site and the brochures all showed what was probably a prototype. The cabinetry was quite different from the production models. The web site and brochures never did show the real thing.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #10

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Also keep in mind that unless I'm wrong, Airstream brochures carry a disclaimer allowing them to make changes to products shown in the brochures and current prodution models. A good example of change was my 2001 Safari. In midstream they took off two exterior lights on the front of the trailer. The lights were placed apart on each side of the front window and lit up the hitch area. My Safari (one of the last off the line for that model year) did not have the lights.

Safari units on the dealer's lot built months earlier had the lights.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Pope Valley , California
Thank you all. I recall sitting in a 2005 at the very same dealer that did have the counter extension. When I talked to the sales guys, it was a bit of the age old... presale:salesman=best friend.. postsale:salesmen=complete stranger who has no use for you. I sent an email to Airstream this morning and will probably give them a call tomorrow.

Armed with the information forum members provide here, I have no fears.
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote