Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2021, 02:45 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-ination View Post
Nice install on the GT. Wish we had the extra room in that area. I think our water heater in the Lounge extends back further behind the sofa than yours. Or you have the on-demand water heater, which is what I would guess. It will be a tight fit for us in that area, but at least it will fit. Only wish on the Victron was it would be just a bit smaller but I’m sure the size is there for a reason.

Thanks to all of you for your information and reviews. Great to have insight like that as it’s not fun to run into unexpected issues. I totally respect what choice anyone makes in purchasing the brand they decide on for an inverter. Our goal is to have enough power to run the AC unit on battery power. There are other brands that will make it happen but for the sake of discussion, just wanted to keep it focused on the Victron.

Appreciate you to share your knowledge with me. Open for discussion so share away please. Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have helped solidify my decision so far.

Hey - [emoji362]

Do you have that ice box storage area in the rear with the flip up lid? I miss that great storage spot. Over the years, with newer units, all my favorite storage spots were eliminated to accept tankless hot water, air suspension, 4wd etc. [emoji22]
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:50 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Yep. I was just thinking I should put our blocks and a spare hose in there. We now travel with a Space trailer for camping. Thought about staying at a location but didn’t have either as they were at home with the trailer.

Only downfall was we would have to dig everything off the floor to get to the storage box, but now it’s pretty wide open due to the trailer.

It would have almost fit the monster Battle Born battery that is now out! That would have been quite the spot to fill with a huge lithium battery!
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:00 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I just installed an “all Victron” system in our 2021 Globetrotter, including a 3000 watt MultiPlus inverter charger. I have some background in this type of work and love projects like this one.
I’d like to state that as mentioned by other posters, this equipment should be purchased from a dealer who will support the product and the end user. Victron USA will not help with tech questions! The manuals have information but it is at best scattered and difficult to find.
I purchased our systems components from a company called Imtra in New Bedford MA. They gave me access to an engineer who talked me through some tricky moments as it all came alive. I paid for and received a system schematic to build the system to, I had telephone support as I needed it and it all works perfectly. I would not have tried without their help…
Just for a little laugh, yesterday I went out and turned on the air conditioner to cool off the 85° trailer in order to be comfortable while packing for a quick trip to Maine. Just for kicks, I ran it off of the 480 amp hour battery bank via the MultiPlus inverter.
It pulls some serious amps but it works just fine!

https://youtu.be/ABeVZjGAuOM
Old 07-22-2021, 04:23 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
I should leave this feed die out with the typo…but I’m getting ready to order and install the Victron, at least hopefully in the next month or so. Depends on the time I can scrap up to install it or take it out of service for a day or two!

If any of you are still on this feed who have the Victron in your Interstate, interested to ask if you noticed any changes from how the Magnum performed. I’m thinking of things such as connectivity time, how you turn it on and off, do you leave it on all the time, things like that. I’m not anticipating many differences but might not be thinking of everything I should be right now. Did you have to change how the outlets were wired? Any other additional information you think is relevant is appreciated.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:16 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Gravette , Arkansas
victron 3000

We use it and I love the blue tooth app which allows you to turn the unit off and on. Since we upgraded our complete van we chosen to use victron throughout and like the way all the pieces interface with each other and can be viewed on one app.
This outperforms the 500w unit that came with the van hands down. This is running our AC at full power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	victron inverter.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	400220   Click image for larger version

Name:	victron color screen.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	400221  

Jack Houpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #26
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We got the CCG display last time and loved it, skipped it this time due to lack of room in our control panel area. Instead, this time we use the little display on the Smart BMV-12, the Victron BT app, and the LifeBlue BT app that connects directly with our batteries as the final authority on charge status in case of any confusion on the Victron side.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:30 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

Nixa , Missouri
Quote:
I should leave this feed die out with the typo…but I’m getting ready to order and install the Victron, at least hopefully in the next month or so. Depends on the time I can scrap up to install it or take it out of service for a day or two!

If any of you are still on this feed who have the Victron in your Interstate, interested to ask if you noticed any changes from how the Magnum performed. I’m thinking of things such as connectivity time, how you turn it on and off, do you leave it on all the time, things like that. I’m not anticipating many differences but might not be thinking of everything I should be right now. Did you have to change how the outlets were wired? Any other additional information you think is relevant is appreciated.
I installed the Victron Multiplus Compact 2000. Can't compare to the original Magnum. I wired all outlets through the inverter. Fairly easy to move the shore power so everything will work off the inverter. It is nice to run the coffee pot and microwave off the batteries.

Damon

See the Irene Iron video - RV Inverter Installation.
Dlongworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:02 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
This is a somewhat hypothetical question, but how much air movement do you think the MultiPlus needs to have? I’m concerned in only having air movement from the front side and a bit from the top and bottom, meaning two or three sides would be totally constricted. Just looking at the best place to mount it as it does take up some valuable real estate in our model.

In thinking about the current placement of the Magnum inverter though, it is stuck in an enclosed box with only a vent at the top. Any thoughts on somewhat enclosing the Victron?
Old 08-18-2021, 05:24 AM   #29
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
This is a somewhat hypothetical question, but how much air movement do you think the MultiPlus needs to have? I’m concerned in only having air movement from the front side and a bit from the top and bottom, meaning two or three sides would be totally constricted. Just looking at the best place to mount it as it does take up some valuable real estate in our model.

In thinking about the current placement of the Magnum inverter though, it is stuck in an enclosed box with only a vent at the top. Any thoughts on somewhat enclosing the Victron?
Hi

The multi has a a set of fairly large fans in it. They are designed to blow out (in?) the "top" of the unit when it is mounted on a wall with the connectors facing down. The mostly goes out the "bottom". You very much do want to have air flow in one "end" and out the other.

I pulled the top cover plate on mine. That improves air flow, but eliminates protection for the fans. With my install this all works fine. There's no way anything can get close to the fans ...

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote