Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
These chrome marine latches look fabulous, work great, will not snag, mount pretty flush, and will not pop open. Easy installation (measure twice, drill some holes, secure with screws, install catch, voila)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-Practi...X59:rk:15:pf:0

Thor really needs to think outside the small RV box, and look at the great products next door at the marine and boat industry -- those cats have really well designed and well-built solutions for much of what plages AS!
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Haddon Heights , New Jersey
I still do not understand why AS does not installing locks/handles which are equipped with positive locks. Those things exist, I did see them in other vans... They look exactly the same on outside.....
I was looking for a good source to get them from and replace on my own, but I can only see some plastic ones. Is that the reason?
Voytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:13 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Los Gatos , California
Don't those locks require a face frame against which to lock tabs stop the door or drawer from opening? Our big problem is with the big drawer on the bottom, with pots and pans, but above it is only the next drawer up, and same to the sides....no face frame.
WBCCI Member #5506
tlundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:01 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
San Diego , California
Drawer removal

I cannot figure out how to remove the drawer. There is a lock of some sort on the drawer slides but I cannot find them. Help.
Fly.On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #25
Contributing Member

Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly.On View Post
I cannot figure out how to remove the drawer. There is a lock of some sort on the drawer slides but I cannot find them. Help.
You just squeeze the orange piece under the front of the drawer while pulling out the drawer. I find that it helps to slant the drawer a bit to unlock the first side. Then pull that unlatched slide back a bit so that it doesn't relock while you unlock the other side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide catch.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	383429  
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 05:31 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly.On View Post
Don't know if you bought new or used, but the drawer may be screwed in. I had one that kept jumping off track so Airstream screwed it in. So if the future, if I want to remove it, I have to remember to find the screw. Otherwise, you press both orange pieces while gently pulling up on the drawer and it should come out of the track
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote