Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2023, 06:51 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

St amant , Louisiana
Fuel tank bigger or aux for more FUEL!?!?!

Anyone upgrade to a bigger fuel tank or add the aux tank?
SwampRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 07:32 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
Beaumont , California
Your post is too vague.

Propane tanks for your AS or tank for your towing vehicle or tank for your generator?

Please consider having the Administrators allow you to edit your thread’s title to something specific.

Also, considering the number of exclamation points and question marks, you seem quite emotional about this. Hope it’s not that urgent.

-Ken
Ndcctrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:06 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndcctrucks View Post
Your post is too vague.

Propane tanks for your AS or tank for your towing vehicle or tank for your generator?

Please consider having the Administrators allow you to edit your thread’s title to something specific.

Also, considering the number of exclamation points and question marks, you seem quite emotional about this. Hope it’s not that urgent.

-Ken
You may have not noticed that this is posted to the Sprinter/B van Forum.
Those of us who own one would surmise that he is more than likely referring to a diesel fuel tank for the engine!
Old 04-12-2023, 09:16 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

St amant , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rat View Post
You may have not noticed that this is posted to the Sprinter/B van Forum.
Those of us who own one would surmise that he is more than likely referring to a diesel fuel tank for the engine!
Yes, thank you Rig Rat,

I was referring to the Sprinter Van diesel tank. (specifically the NC3V) I am just looking for anyone that may have been successful in either replacing the OEM tank or adding an AUX tank. There are many options out there. I have yet to find a fittable solution other than the aux tank by Agile. I am just not impressed with it.

Anyone with success?
Old 06-06-2023, 09:36 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

St amant , Louisiana
Not much response from anyone on this so i will fill yall in for those guys like me whos brains wont stop on this lack of fuel on the van. I have a 2018 interstate NCV3

I beat to death with measuring and talking and researching the best way to gain more fuel on the van. The only option in my opinion upon research is the Aux tank in spare tire location.

I took on the project of adding the aux tank from Agile Off Road. The 28 gal that goes in spare tire location. So happy i did it but This turned into a heck of a project that was supposed to be easy. This is why Agile will no longer sell the tank to you unless its "professionally installed'.
The bracket the tank is supposed to attach to on my van did not fit. I had to remove and build my own brackets and weld them in place of the old. The instructions for placement of the fuel lines to the existing tank were not very helpful. This caused me to have to lower the main tank 3 times for some trial and error issues. The wiring to the front and pumping system was seemless and went well.

I did make some modifications of the wiring and move the switches to the driver dash for easier access from driver seat. The whole J51 thing is a mess and not worth the effort. My original thought was it was a hoax but i have since been proved wrong. With some thought and minor math it works good enough for me.

This project was way bigger than planned and the modifications took some work. Any shop that only charges a days work to install would loose in the long run unless they do them all the time or if the original bracket fits the aux tank appropriately.

In the meantime, I will be passing yall all up on the highway because i will be nonstop for over 800 miles. That and a PeePee cup can get you somewhere!
Old 06-06-2023, 03:09 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
2023 Interstate 19
Templeton , California
I have a 2023 AI 19, 4 x 4 E1 (no generator or propane) on a 2022 Sprinter frame. I was able to remove the factory diesel fuel tank and install a 48 gallon tank and now, like SwampRv, I can go over 700 miles non-stop. Owl Vans https://owlvans.com/collections/long-range-fuel-tanks installed it for me and it took about 5 hours for the entire process.
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote