Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
OAKDALE , California
Lightbulb Blown Fuse?

I mistakenly plugged our coffee pot into the electrical outlet above the stove when the inverter was on... and i think I blew a fuse. Can anyone tell me the next step for problem solving.. .i.e., where the fuse for that would be ?

Thanks!
jldejong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Hmmm....I don't think the inverter runs that outlet, but I have the Lounge, not the GT.

Anyway, the breakers for the 120v outlets are behind a panel in the base of the driver side jump seat. Check those first and see if any are tripped. Report back and we'll take it from there.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Aren't the breakers inside a cabinet beneath the rear lounge seat, not behind the driver side jump seat? Or maybe mine is unique, since I don't even have a drivers side jump seat. How would/could you even blow a fuse with the invertor. 1000W / 110V = 10A. Fuses are 15A. Wouldn't the invertor shut off? Or maybe the fuse that blew is in the inverter? We never use the inverter except to occasionally watch TV, which doesn't draw much current.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Aren't the breakers inside a cabinet beneath the rear lounge seat, not behind the driver side jump seat? Or maybe mine is unique, since I don't even have a drivers side jump seat. How would/could you even blow a fuse with the invertor. 1000W / 110V = 10A. Fuses are 15A. Wouldn't the invertor shut off? Or maybe the fuse that blew is in the inverter? We never use the inverter except to occasionally watch TV, which doesn't draw much current.
I don't know what version of the '18 GT the OP has. If it's the same rear lounge setup as the Lounge, then the breakers are where I stated. If it's a Twin, we'll have to wait for someone else to chime in because I haven't been in the back of one of those.

Re. the inverter, it's unclear to me they were even plugged into the inverted outlets. In the Lounge, the inverted outlets are up front. In the GT they are ???? Once we know that, we can move to step 2.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Western , Tennessee
In my 2017 GT, the outlet above the stove is only powered by a plugged in 30/20 amp AC or the generator is operating. The circuit breaker is as described, in the panel below the driver jump-seat. The inverter being on or off does not control this outlet. The circuit breaker maybe labeled "coffeemaker".
TN Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:34 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Also check the little reset buttons right in the middle of the GFCI outlet and others on the same circuit, they pop out sometimes.
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
OAKDALE , California
Thanks !

Thanks everyone! Apparently, it was a circuit breaker... not sure if it had anything to do w/ trying to use it while we have the "inverter" on, but... we were able to re-set the breaker....

I appreciate all the responses !!!
jldejong is offline   Reply With Quote