RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-07-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Beulah , Michigan
Kenwood DNN992 Spontaneously Rebooting

The Kenwood in my 2016 Interstate has been operating well until recently. Now, however it spontaneously reboots every few minutes.

I called Airstream, who suggested I call Kenwood, who suggested I send it in for service.

But, before I go to all the trouble of removing and sending the unit in, I'm wondering if this might be caused by some kind of intermittent power glitch that causes a reboot, similarly to what would happen with a desktop PC.

Has anyone else experienced with this, or does anyone have a suggestion as to what to check or how to remedy this?

Thanks.

Mike Perry
mperry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
More of a bump, but sounds like a short somewhere. Is it in wiring powering the unit? If so, you may be able to troubleshoot if you have some skills in that area.

Is the short in the internal circuit boards? If so, you gotta send it in unless you have serious electronic skills.

They are offering to look at it, so I'd send it in.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Mount Washington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mperry99 View Post

Has anyone else experienced with this, or does anyone have a suggestion as to what to check or how to remedy this?
Mike, I had this exact same issue with my DNN991 model. I did attach a multimeter to the 12Vdc input to the unit after the repair center sent it back and it continued to do the same thing. I thought maybe the problem was the AI wiring. 12v never wavered during multiple reset events. I sent it back and eventually they got it right after replacing "suspect daughter board" (that's all the repair invoice said). No problems for the last 11 months. My experience with both Kenwood and the repair facility were not favorable. At no time was I made to feel like a customer, good luck.

jp
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote