Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
That is what I saw yesterday but since it is different than I found before I am nervous. I think I will get a health certificate before we leave and even though it will have expired I would have it to show something if they ask. It looks like going to Canada is easy!

My earlier searches mentioned food requirements but I didn't see anything about that yesterday either. What I had seen is that it has to be in its original container and possibly unopened. I think I am going to prepare for that one as well.
silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Dotting our i's and crossing our t's, we are headed to Canada on Saturday! I have rabies certificates and health certificates in hand. We probably have too much dog food but we will see how it goes and if they ask. The health certificates would have technically expired by the time we get there but our vet says that as long as we can show we have been traveling since we got them we should be okay.....if they ask. Thanks to all of you for your advice. I tried to follow as much of it as I could and checked all of the websites you so graciously shared. I will report back to the group once we get in.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
UPDATE: We made it! Turns out we didn't have the rabies certificate I thought we did but the health certificate had everything on it they needed. We passed through with a nice conversation with the border agent and everything. I noticed he did a double-take at our passports and got a little nervous. He explained by saying he was watching CFL last night and a player was on that is from Waxahachie. They had a discussion about the proper pronunciation.....and the next day there we were. The hubs doesn't think the hockey license plate hurt either.

The campground we are at in Cochrane is fantastic. Very pet friendly. They have a beautiful greenspace and off leash walk/bike path along the river. Of course, it is a bit of torture for the labs who are not allowed to swim.